back to article Businesses will postpone Windows 7 rollouts

Windows Vista's left such a bad taste in the mouth it's become one reason most organizations won't be moving to Windows 7 next year. A poll of 1,100 Windows customers has found 84 per cent won't be adopting the successor to Windows Vista during the next twelve months. The survey of IT and management staff by systems …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. DZ-Jay

Re: Except in Architecture...

>> Yes, it's true mostly; except for architects. There's no useful architectural software on Macs these days.

There, fixed it for you.

-dZ.

2. Goat Jam
    Linux

MS Shills/Fanbois

@Jason Togneri,

You have clearly never worked in a large enterprise. If you thought what I wrote was "ranting" then you really need to read the work of some good ranters. Some of my work can be OK when I'm on a roll, but not in this case. I was pretty level headed when I wrote what I wrote. As for ignorance, I thought I explained my thought processes pretty well. You, OTOH, umm, ranted.

Poorly.

@DT

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I said nothing disparaging about the W7 product, I merely stated that it had better be quite like XP or corps wont be much interested.

Thanks both of you guys for stepping up to the plate and giving us all some excellent examples of rabid fanboi behaviour, you helped to prove my point.

No really, don't let me get in the way of your hot air and foaming desperation boys, I'm sure your sugar daddy will survive the depression.

In some form or other.

I suppose.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

@Adrian Esdaile

Adrian; I'd argue that ArchiCAD (the very first BIM implimentation available) and VectorWorks are *more* than capable CAD packages - as good as AutoDesk and Bentley's offerings (AutoCAD user since 1991, Revit since 2004)...

4. D. M
    Flame

@AC 20:32

As I stated before, the real world doesn't work that way. The crappy software the company bought 15 years ago doesn't work under new OS? It is then the OS' fault. For business, which OS to use does NOT matter. The users must learn to use whatever OS, application, hardware the business operates on. Sometimes, it is not even the so called business critical software/hardware makes the call. It could be normal that your usual business critical packages works fine with a new OS, but some managers/offices use a special copy of crapware, which doesn't. And they will cry loud enough to make sure any change is impossible.

Just ask anyone who worked in IT support/admin in big org.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019