back to article Moderatrix quits El Reg: Latest

Well, you've really outdone yourselves this time, haven't you? Earlier today, your comments to this sensitively-handled piece on the sad case of the Florida satnav lake incident prompted our Moderatrix, Sarah Bee, to quit her job at Vulture Central. We're obliged to those of you who immediately rang the office to seek …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard
    Heart

@ Sarah

...And you call us 'orrible!!!!!!

Least you aren't leaving the Kindergarden without a nanny :)

2. Steven Raith
    Heart

Huzzah

The threat of a hard spanking for rank misogyny returns.

Were there no offers of drinks, beyond the spa vouchers and flowers? I'm shocked....

Steven R

3. Ian Johnston Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Picture?

I've always assumed that she was the Eee model.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

*phew*

So it's OK for me to resume trolling? Excellent.

This never would have happened if you'd be using Lynx......

5. Hans

@Dearie me

[quote]I like lilies[/quote]

I like lilies too, but I can rarely get them off her

6. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Dearie me.

Oh and of course - well done to the sceptical few who didn't buy it. Kudos. You win a thing.

7. psychochief
    Thumb Up

nice one lol :O)

that' ll be WHITE lilies i take it then Sarah, your just MAGNIFICENT when in full *cough 'flow'

8. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: nice one lol :O)

See, how could I possibly leave when there are such gems to be moderated?

Sigh.

9. Richard
    Coat

Re: Dearie me.

I already have a thing, can I have some of the other instead?

10. Robert Ramsay

Although...

Your rant was 100% accurate. (unless the anti-semitic wanker was made up)

11. Craig
    Alien

How funny would it have been

If Sarah managed to see a slither of the funny side of all of this and signed off in true reg style:

"Mine's the one with the p45 in the pocket"

I really can't tell if this is serious or not but would be a shame if real.

I do have to say that if real you need to get a grip though Sarah!

I won't bother with my rant yet just in case she never returns meaning i save myself the effort of a good couple of paragraphs...

12. weirdcult

misandrist

that is all.

13. JayB
    Happy

To Bee or not to Bee

There's gems to be moderated????

Where???? When????? Bollocks, must have missed it.

Ahh, Ms Bee, that was very cruel and unkind..... and really, really funny :D

14. David Adams
    Coat

Don't know about...

... a Spa voucher but I've got a Spar voucher for 50p off windolene if you're interested?

15. Roy Stilling
    Thumb Up

Yay

Glad you're not really going Sarah, and I agree with those that say you should get to write more actual stories.

16. Graham Marsden
    Coat

Can someone sign for...

... a tanker-load of Evening Primrose Oil, please?

(Mine's the one with the target on the back... ;-) )

17. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@Sarah Bee - Dearie me.

Ooh Sarah - you are evil.... :-)

I loved the flame that you posted on the other thread. Truely genius and I'm really sure deep down that you do get that annoyed at some of the comments posted.

Well done - that was a superb April Fool.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Would it have been acceptable

... if a man resigned in such a fashion after a bunch of women had posted anti-male stuff?

Just wondering, not excusing any misogynistic stuff that may have been submitted.

19. Hein-Pieter van Braam
    Coat

Didn't buy it for a minute

Still, I hope that thinking back on this prank will allow you to forgive more often :P Although I suppose that would sort of take the fun out of it ;)

Mine's the one with the 30 pound shoe voucher

20. Huw Davies
    Happy

@Sarah Bee

Well executed indeed.

Could I offer you a non-paid position moderating a bikers forum? We could do with someone of your calibre :D

21. James Pickett

CV

"CVs" doesn't require an apostrophe

Yes it does - to indicate the missing letters between the V and s. As in doesn't.

Glad to hear the Sarah is donning her moderatrix gear again, though. I hope the straps are nice and tight... ;-)

(not a wink - it's an eye watering)

22. Sillyfellow
    Heart

you had me there

full marks for that one Sarah. lolz..

this may have been an april fools joke, but your rant (and descriptions of some of us) was just spot on.

we (and el-reg (take note)) would be lost without your patience, wisdom and no-nonsense approach (and we do love you plenty in a non-stalking way).

oh, and if you do leave, can i have your job please? i get great amusement from reading all the comments, and sometimes learn much...

... hang on, better not. i am sillyfellow after all so who knows what i might say or do. hehehe.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now that...

...was an impressive prank and has kept me amused checking the comments periodically for much of today.

The shoe voucher comment nearly had me cleaning coffee off the monitor again as I somehow get the impression that should anyone dare to make such a comment to Ms Bee they would end with a slightly higher pitched voice and she'd have some new jewellery.

24. RW

Only a new pair of shoes?

Come, come, surely the estimable Ms. Bee deserves better than that! In view of her continual attempts to herd the cats of el-Reg's commentators, doesn't she deserve, say, that pair of crotch-high, lace-up leather boots she's had her eye on to complement her wardrobe of leather bustiers?

They can be justified as a business expense on the grounds they protect against ratttlesnake bites. Or something.

Oh, wait, that's right: bootses is a form of shoeses. Bad me.

Why no "old shoe" icon?

25. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

~claps~

Yayyy for April 1st at El Reg, I love it. BTW I didn't buy for a second you were leaving Sarah. While it was a great rant I can't see you taking off like that. Besides the readership here would drop by half (if not more) if you did leave. However you can make it up to us by providing us shoe on head pics :-).

26. Nano nano

Slashdot days...

Who's the Meta-Moderatrix ?

And how many Mod points have you got ?

27. Peter
    Happy

Well played

I visited the reg today specifically to see what April fools there might be, and thought for a while I was going to have to settle for the somewhat predictable Google CCTV story. This may be almost as memorable for me as the 'anechoic chamber simulation' plugin from Smartelectronix and associated threads on kvr-audio.

Still not sure why I ever come and read or write comments here - I'm sure I lose a few IQ points each time...

28. Chris Seiter
    Happy

New Here

I've only been visiting the Reg for over a year now and posted a few comments(mostly I don't comment because of my lack of intelligent humor); I have no idea how the 'coat' thing even started so most of it goes right over my head anyway. Ms. Bee, glad to see you stay and look forward to more.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Foot Spa and a trip to your local Spa

To avoid such incidents in future, please can all sexist and other 'stupid b***h' comments be limited to the Rt Honourable 'Wacky' Jacqui Smith MP.

k thx bye!

30. Anonymous John

Re Dearie me.

<Wipes brow>

Now where's the story I gave you about the two murdered scammers in the US?

31. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

To all of those commentards....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ux3DKxxFoM

Paris... Even she comes across as smarter...

32. Marty McFly Silver badge
    Heart

@ Ash

Ash wrote:

"It's an IT website. IT is a sector dominated by men, stereotypically with either poor social skills, narcissistic tendencies bordering on Napoleon Complex, or outright misogynistic superiority.

Either Sarah failed to grasp that when she applied, or El Reg failed to asses her ability to handle it when hiring her. Either way, shucks. Guess there's an opening."

Naw. Sarah is a hottie. The slobbering geeks which run El Reg hired her based on looks alone. In quiet tones they whisper among themselves; "That's a girl, dude, haven't you seen one before?"

Sarah, will you please provide photographic proof of my conclusion? I would hate to default my vision of you to a bunch of downloaded images: Sarah_001.jpg, Sarah_002.jpg, Sarah_003.jpg, etc.....

33. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This calls for ...

Playmobil!

34. Daniel Bennett
    Happy

LMFAO!

Was reading the original comment from Sarah... And as much as I agreed I thought ... Nah ... I can't see any mods on "Da Reg" to suddenly lose the fucking plot like that! So i left until now to comment :P

Well done Sarah - Best April Fools i've seen all day!! Beats the Funeral offering anyway...

35. Chris Lovell
    Thumb Up

Lazy gits

Alas, some of us actually had to work today rather than sit on El Reg all day participating in these fun frolicks, but thanks all the same as they've been most fun to catch up on this evening. Full marks to you Sarah, and long may you reign!

36. Poopie McStinklestein
    Alert

Not enough

PVC thigh-highs cost at least £70, more if you want them in latex. What'll she do with £30?

37. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Ultimate sacrifice

Sarah,

OK, so I disabled NoScript and even clicked on a few adverts in your honour - what greater accolade can a geek offer?

Won't stop the lame jokes though...

Mine's the one with ODFO embroidered on the lapel.

38. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How could you tell?

...about the anti-semitic wanker? Did he attach pics showing the activity?

In fact, don't you think it more probable that he was an anti-Simantec wanker?

(wanders off muttering nort on your life....)

39. Maverick
    Happy

@ Sarah Bee

can we have an " 'orrible lot " icon - but restricted to those of us who made bad boy remarks?

go on Sarah, you know you want to :)

40. Maty

better leave my coat where it is ...

Good as it is to read that Ms Bee's comments were indeed due to it being that time of the month (i.e. the first, it being April), I could only wish that our Moderatrix had not expressed her rant with quite such splendidly Shakespearian eloquence. It was a wonderful read, and given the nature of the commentards(TM) on El Reg, I do hope that the gentlemen will refrain from Bee-baiting in the hope of an encore. I'm not holding my breath though.

I join the ranks of those crestfallen readers who will never be able to make the necessary despicable pro-nazi comments apparently required for the opportunity to kiss the Moderatrix's undoubtedly delectable derriere.

sigh

41. Liam Johnson

@Sarah Bee - Dearie me.

Ha - I knew it wasn't true.

Although after the wee fracas last week, there was a tiny little bit of doubt.

Mysogenistic, hrumpf.

42. The Dorset Rambler
    Thumb Up

Just brilliant social engineering

If that was all planned: story has PMS element ensuring comments referring to that, massive hissy-fit in middle et al then it was just brilliant.

If, however, the hissy-fit in the middle was done on the fly, then it was extremely brilliant.

Hats off to you all.

43. Codge
    Coat

Blob strop?

OK. We should have seen it for what it was.

1} Women with rampant hormones should be barred from positions of power. Always! It's just NOT RIGHT!!!

2} See 1} above...

Grape oil and cinnamon massage?

Yes, I know, I'm going already...

44. Dr O'Pfickse-Dwydth
    Happy

Attack of the Killer Bee

Sarah, I caught this story after you'd confessed and had to go back to the earlier story to see your rant. Nice!

I like to think I'd have seen through it, but am very happy Ms Feisty's still in town.

How about a subscription service for fast-track access to your future flames, or a paypal-gated link for pay-per-flame?

45. Graham Marsden
    Boffin

@Poopie McStinklestein

> PVC thigh-highs cost at least £70

Sheesh, do some research, you can get them from £55!

46. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I just have to say...

...that my self delusional sense of anonymity has been torn away like plastic wrap and now i feel naked and exposed in front of you all with my prepositions dangling in the wind for all to see.

How can I regurgitate my plain-chant screeds knowing that somewhere there is some sentient entity applying their critical thought to my words? Judging them. Measuring them against some yardstick of decency and silently judging them. Publishing those words with contempt and pity for the author simply because that author chose not to think about what they were saying.

Am I to moderate myself to protect myself from the disdain of this self -or other self - appointed moderatrix? Must I begin considering my thoughts before anonymously broadcasting them to the world? I think not. If this is what the world has come to, what hope have we for humanity? What sort of thoughtful, literate, dystopia lies in our future. A terrible world where word and deed must be preceded by thought. No child of mine will grow up in such a world.

No. Joke this is not, though foolishness it most certainly is. You have torn down the fourth wall - the dirty bamboo screen behind which the naked vicar inside all of us skulks. Oiling himself and humming Jerusalem. And now the vicar is gone. Grabbed up his cardigan and slacks and fled, glistening, into the night. He may never return - and all for a fool's day prank. Happy now? I thought not.

I have a good mind to cancel my subscription.

47. unitron
    Unhappy

Don't complain, guys

In the UK you have Sarah Bee.

Over here in the US we get Sarah Palin.

48. Codge
    Thumb Up

@ I just have to say

Absolute classic!

WMCIS!

Brilliant. This is why I keep coming back here for more!

Cheers!

49. Steve Spiller

@unitron

You owe me a new keyboard! Do you realise how much pain cola causes when it squirts out of your nose?

50. SisterClamp
    Flame

Piling on

After all that, it's obvious that Samantha can't be expected to shoulder this burden on her own. Just the impetus I needed to join this rowdy crew.

Flames because -- as someone married to someone somewhat famous once said (XY, btw) -- sometimes throwing gas [sic] on a fire makes it worse ... sometimes it puts it out.

This topic is closed for new posts.