back to article Romeo 419ers take Canadian women for $300k

Nigerian fraudsters have relieved a number of Edmonton women of a total of $300,000 in what the local Sun describes as "an online dating scam". One unnamed middle-aged divorcee - who admitted to losing "a lot" of money - was baited last September by a text message purportedly from a US businessman buying antiques in Nigeria. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Graham

Graham

"Yes. Yes, you are."

No. No he's not, you insufferable git.

2. Ascylto

Job Vacancy

This woman should be recruited by the UK Government. She lost only 300,000. Most of our Ministers can lose that amount in ten minutes, not three months!

3. Trevor

And from me home town!

Ouch. It stings when something like this hits anywhere near home.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

Crazy little thing called love

It’s been medically proven (Karachi Medical Gazette) that when you fall in love, you go crazy! Crazy I tell you! All cognitive reasoning goes out the window!

It’s the giblets you know. They go crazy for the giblets!

5. Roger Heathcote
    Flame

Agreed...

@ac "Sometimes you lot make me ashamed to say I'm a Register reader."

Here, here. Some people are just thick, that's often not their fault and unless they then go on to be a deliberately malignant arse you should feel sorry for them not gloat about your superior reasoning.

50% of people have an IQ <=100, people here seem to think they need be rounded up and shot or something. I swear it's getting harder to distinguish this El Reg's comments pages from those of the Daily Mail every day :-/

Roger Heathcote.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like