back to article 500,000 oppose Red Arrows Olympic ban

The government has finally responded to an online petition demanding the Red Arrows be allowed to fly at the 2012 Olympics - an exercise in Democracy 2.0 which attracted a staggering 502,294 signatures despite the fact that a reported ban on the RAF gracing the skies above London was a load of complete cobblers invented by the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Toastan Buttar

Much as I hate to admit it...

I think the Patrouille de France is the best aerobatic display team in the world.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Chain letters

Chain e-mails are the reason for this not dying.

I remember the original story coming out and then a chain email appeared on the Internet in protest. I even remembered linking the story to some people who forwarded it around telling them that its a load of cobblers.

Fast forward a year and we have the same chain email coming around again and another gullible nitwit has made a petition on the 10 Downing street site.

I think this story will come around the Internet every year until we get the games because chain emails have this annoying habit of never dying and always being forwarded on by people bored at work.

Paris because well she probably does more than forward emails when bored.

3. Seán
    IT Angle

Parachutes

If they get those Italian chicks to do the parachuting there would only be about 15 -20 signatures demanding the home grown version instead.

4. John Dougald McCallum
    Go

500000 marrons read the sun

"It is all to do with that Potter lady, shove a million to pay off Labour party debts, get some free nursery care, how selfish."

I belive you mean J.K.Rowling and as her children are now grown up why do you think that she needs free child care I belive she gave it to the Labor Party because she thinks that they could do a better job of running this country than the Tories .Her money, her choice.

"I am not sure we will be able to pay for the Olympics by 2012, we will be a third world banana republic by then." Then we wont be the last to not make any money out of the Olympics then will we I belive that Montreal took nearly twentey years to pay of the debt and any way what are you moaning about we're not the only ones in this mess are we,or did you think that the Torries would have done any better?

5. JP
    Black Helicopters

Did anyone check?

I always try to check the names on an online petition. It can be so entertaining.

I remember "Educators Against the War in Iraq" included such names as Adolph Hitler

and Ima Twit. On one site that allowed people to upload images of their signature,

I remember a few dozen names from the Harry Potter series that had the same

scribble. One of the largest online petitions I found had over 1.6 million signatures with

more than a few duplicates. Usually with about 16-20 duplicate names from the same

town.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like