back to article NY street-cleaning truck swallows dog

New York dog owner Robert Machin has described himself as "devastated" after a street cleaning truck made short work of one of his two Boston terriers, sucking the unfortunate mutt into its rotating brush mechanism, the New York Daily News reports. Machin had been walking Buster and Ginger on Thursday when tragedy struck. He'd …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. BillPhollins

Only because it wasn't a real dog...

My dog would've kicked it's arse. And then bitten the driver.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@AC "Mad animal lovers"

I admit, animals are not like children. In fact, animals are much preferable over children! They - talking about animals now - grow up much quicker, don't mess around that much, you won't have to clean their bums for years, etc. And they don't ruin the better part of your life and in the end put you in a nursing home!

Yes, some people are clearly bonkers: who, with a sound state of mind, would want to have children?

EAfH,

who has neither pets nor children but rather had the former

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Nursery rhyme

Where, o where, has my little dog gone?

Oh where, oh where did he go?

He got sucked up and mangled to death in a New York street sweeper

Where, o where did he go....

Mine's the one with "Poet Laureate" on the back.

4. Colin Millar
    Coat

Its not ROTM - its the Monkeys

In Escape from the Planet of the Apes it was made clear that the killing of the dogs and cats allowed our soon-to-be monkey overlords to infiltrate our homes and prepare for the conquest of the earth.

5. Robert Day
    Coat

Anyone else find this really bizarre?

Not the dog bit I mean.. Just the simple fact that there was a street sweeper, cleaning the streets.. in the Bronx!!! I mean, this is the worst of the worst in the US. (ok, maybe parts of Detroit are worse, and some areas down in the deep south can be argueably worse.,...) But the Bronx have a worldwide reputation for being disgustingly dirty, and rather.. well, gross. And here, in stark contrast to the rest of the city of New York in general, is a machine designed purely to make things CLEAN??! Something is amiss, if you ask me.

Mine's the fur one....

6. Dex
    Joke

Maybe (Given thats it's the Bronx)

He should've done a drive-by on the owner too? admittedly a rather slow drive-by but still it would've left no hassle as it would just be seen as a normal day in the gu lovin' Bronx

7. Charlie
    Thumb Down

The article reads as though it were written in the fashion of a sick joke.

The article reads as though it were written in the fashion of a sick joke.

8. Raving
    Thumb Up

Related Articles

# Are eco-friendly cars the new date bait?

# Moroccan flavors spice up chicken

# Grilled chicken gets a makeover

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.