back to article Independent dubs El Reg lesbian

We at El Reg have been called a fair few things in our time, but never before has it been suggested that we are dedicated practitioners of the Sapphic arts. Well, it was only a matter of time, and readers are invited to have a shufti at this piece from the Independent, which earlier today examined in some depth the Lesbian …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Simon Harvey
    Paris Hilton

But I'm a lesbian ...

... in a bloke's body.

Obligatory Paris icon added.

2. Steven Burn
    Linux

@Elrond Hubbard

You've got your Lesbians mixed up ........ the cheeks are for the other ones apparently ;o)

@ Everyone Lesbo-Paris'ing .....

I'd rather it be Kylie Minogue and Alissa Milano ...... now there's a vision I still very much enjoy <vsg>

Speaking of Lesbians and El Reg actually - I can understand where us blokes would insert into IT ..... but where would the Lesbians? surely this should have given it away that they were gonna get themselves into a sticky position (okay, I couldn't help it) and leave 'em wide open (dammit, not again) to a lil criticism on their lack of journalistic research?

/- Penguin - cause someone had to .......

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Where's the problem?

lots of hot ladeez with liberal morals will come rushing to el reg after seeing it in the Indy. So?

I for one welcome our oiled up skimpy underweared overlords

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Read what you write about

If you bother to read the article you have linked to, they describe the Register as an on-line magazine, not a lesbian on-line magazine...

now can we stop this rather pathetic schoolboy humour please!

5. Robin Lettice (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Read what you write about

Those spoilsports at the Indie may have changed the article, but Google's cache will always show the truth about our Sapphic leanings:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:dOpQUXDezpoJ:www.independent.co.uk/news/europe/who-are-the-real-lesbians-821610.html+%22lesbian+on-line+magazine%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk

6. mike
    Paris Hilton

Can you quote?

The Independent has caused no slight on your good name, especially one of sexual orientation:

"Now, an on-line magazine called The Register has put forward a solution."

That's taken directly from the article linked to by your good self, Sir.

Paris, because it's obligatory, and because her studious nature would ensure she CHECKED THE OFFENDING ARTICLE FIRST!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

HELLO? ANYONE IN THERE?

HAMMERTIME.

*** THEY HAVE SUBSEQUENTLY MODIFIED THE OFFENDING ARTICLE ***

GOT IT?

8. Steven Burn
    Boffin

@AC

LOL! alas it appears they've just gone to the article, noticed it doesn't say what we saw, and thought "ZOMG! THEY CAN'T READ - QUICK LET'S TELL 'EM!!!!!!!!"

Ah the joys of being able to read through things completely ....

9. mike
    Unhappy

Ok, so they changed it...

Bleugh...

That's offsides, modifying your article once you get caught out...! I take it The Independent is not the sort of publication to print retractions, just repost?

Shifty...

10. Robert Harrison

Thank goodness for web caches

Otherwise we really would be living in 1984. On with the war in Eurasi.7$"%£%* I mean Eastasia.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@mike

Ah, yes, fair comment. A retraction is certainly the done thing, although Steven Burn also makes a very fair point.

I really shouldn't post just after I've had a coffee - it makes me all tetchy, strident and shift key happy. At least I had the sense to post anonymously, so you've no idea who I am. I could be your teacher, your mum, or your care worker... Doh, just finished another coffee ;-)

12. Tawakalna
    Paris Hilton

about Paris' song (for Steve)

"If you honestly enjoy Paris' aural offering, might I suggest "Kingston Town" by UB40. It has essentially the same chord sequence and rhythm but without the attendant problems of making me want to stab someone in the eye."

the similarity was not lost on me the other morning. I found it not unpleasant to listen to for a couple of minutes, although I shan't be queuing it up for a .torrent download (unlike her videos which are much more interesting, especially her *o*ral offerings)

I can't even remember the name of it now. Who were we talking about? Paris who?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

YSHFRTT

You Should Have Finished Reading The Thread.

Apt advice for a few of the "Mr. Angry"s in this here forum :)

Beware the power of the internet. Something you would never have said if you'd had five seconds to think twice can now be said in four seconds, and half-way round the world by the fifth....

14. Dai

@Danny

"The lesbians always come first !"

Could you link to a peer reviewed study that proves this?

15. Slaine
    Happy

the independent

... it WAS, we still are.

Oh, and by the definition: "hairly legged and lusting after women" - I too must confess to being an incorrigable lesbian.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lesbian no more!

Seems Independent has quietly gone and removed the word from the statement referring to El Reg... I wonder if they are going to pretend it's never happened.

17. Danny

@Dai - Upsuck

I can't point to one study, I am extrapolating from several studies which included lots of field research at Ani Difranco concerts.

Women are slightly more biased to symmetrical mates than males are, and each sex is better at identifying their own genders symmetry. Everyone orgasms harder and quicker with a symmetrical partner. In women seemingly this 'upsuck' can rip off a condom and deposit it in the cervix. Women are also slightly more symmetrical than men are so it seems likely that lesbians generally achieve faster orgasms than the rest of the LGBT community.

"Yet, it was only three years ago that two British biologists, Robin Baker and Mark Bellis, tested the so-called upsuck hypothesis. "

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/index.php?term=19960101-000028&page=2

"If it's true that our insistence of symmetry in the laws of nature is largely a selection effect because of how our brain works, it may mean that there are completely different ways to formulate the laws of nature in which symmetry is not the most fundamental thing," Livio said.

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/051221_symmetry_nature.html

"Overall, the researchers found that faces correctly classified to their own sex, and therefore considered to be either more feminine or masculine, tended to be faces with higher symmetry."

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2008/05May/Pages/Facialsymmetryandgenderperception.aspx

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.