back to article Tom Cruise Scientology vid leaks onto net

A nine-minute video showing Tom Cruise chatting about his Scientology beliefs has leaked onto the net, allegedly much to the chagrin of the Church of Scientology. The four-year-old clip popped up yesterday on YouTube "for a few hours", and was subsequently republished by Radar and Defamer before removal from all three. In it, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. amanfromMars Silver badge

@@amanfromMars

"You're plugging Universal and United Artists in your post? Have you just started work for the MPAA or something?"

Are they paying, AC? And who would then be working with whom and for whom and for what?

Holywood Rules Hollywood Rules for Twice the Fun and Games/AIdDeeper Pleasure in Double Penetration? And don't answer that if you Realise IT is XSSXXXXually Spooky Political too.

Ok.... Time for a Java Injection/Coffee Break. :-)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@aManfromMars

Right. More HAARP stuff again in the title - why?

Also, by wondering if Cruise et al will take on the major film studios, are you making reference to their having dumped him in favour of Will Smith?

As regards needing permission, if Cruise is at the top then he has the permission doesn't he?

If he doesn't, presumabley he can jump up and down on their office couch and screaming until he is red in the face until they give in.

Or maybe he will say (in a commanding gnome voice) 'feel my finger' and point at them menacingly.

3. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Go

@Baserk

That's DURUM wheat (accept no substitute for your pasta)not WHOLE wheat!

WHAT no Flying Spaghetti Monster

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@@@amanfromMars

"And who would then be working with whom and for whom and for what?"

Reads like a line somebody would give to Johnny Depp.

Is amanfromMars Johnny Depp? Could have been Ed Wood for all I knew. :)

Also, is our right venerable Martian colleague alluding to the somewhat tongue in cheek but possibly quite true (I wouldn't know, I'm not that charismatic) notion that to get ahead in the IT business I must shag Paris Hilton?

Nice - I get to use the Paris Hilton icon. :)

5. Timothy
    Joke

I Wonder with a touch assist

If any of them say, pull my finger?

6. Daniel
    Thumb Up

but suppose ... they're actually right?

i can feel them pulling me in ... closer ... closer ... cannot resist ...

on the other hand the stripper factory sounds enticing too. How much is that one? does it come in black?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Religion smelegion. What do you know?

Here is the truth

All the tenants of every religion were written by men for men. God did not write a single word. Neither did women. That is also why men run religions not women (apart from some very limited exceptions). Most religions are also dishonest and deceitful because they deny these facts.

So Hubbard made it all up. What's the difference?

So I could start a religion. You could start a religion. All you need are some ideas and some followers.

You understand that I am religious. So could you be, but you have to be careful who you believe.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I believe in ....

Bird Flue

Norovirus

Foot and Mouth

Ebola virus

You really can't get away from these guys

9. Demian Phillips
    Black Helicopters

A man from Ralph Wiggum?

"Are they paying, AC? And who would then be working with whom and for whom and for what?"

Little Ralphie has grown up, he used to say "Maybe I wanna to use them."

10. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

CoS is just a bunch of....

....nutjobs!

Nothing to see here.

11. Darkside
    Black Helicopters

@ Christianity - don't mention the Clams!

Just don't mention those suffocating clams. Even thinking of them makes my abdominal muscles go all tense and quivery and keeps me from breathing...

As for Christianity, my grandmother (she who was declared a Suppressive Person by the Scientologists) had a student lodger from the West Indies. For a few weeks the lodger went to church, then she stopped going. Gran asked why she'd stopped going and the lodger said,

"Back home the Church takes a collection every week for the poor benighted people in Britain. Over here the Church takes a collection every week for the poor benighted people in the West Indies. Something's not right there!"

12. Gianni Straniero
    Alien

God-damned weirdo

I don't find the delivery particularly convincing. Much like his cinematic performances, come to think of it. So he is either a) acting, and he knows it's all bullshit, or b) genuinely insincere as a human, and yet believes every word. Whichever it is, he sucks at it.

There is ABSOLUELY NO SUBSTANCE in this presentation. Not one iota. It's pure hype, designed to get credulous fools to think "Wow! I want to know more about this!"

"Certainly, Sir or Madman. The Secrets of the Universe can be yours for a small monthly stipend, payable for the remainder of your pusillanimous existence. Plus, you will receive this attractive carriage clock with no obligation to buy, etc etc..."

The more you find out about Scientology, the less you seem to know.

13. archie lukas
    Dead Vulture

Scientologists save car wreck victims. Medics sing Hallelullah

So scientologists are trained paramedics too?

Cool

I'll put that number into my mobile, I could do with some help in the field

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.