back to article Lawmaker shows nudie pic to high school seniors

Ohio state legislator Matthew Barrett was supposed to give a group of high school seniors a civics presentation using PowerPoint slides he had prepared on how a bill becomes a law. What they got was an anatomy lesson when the computer he was using displayed the image of a topless woman. The busty photo appeared shortly after …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Coat

Outlaw Breasts?

If they outlaw breasts, only felons will have melons!

/taxi

Anonymous Coward

Teacher's case hasn't officially been settled

AFAIK (I live a few towns away), the State hasn't formally dropped charges against Julie Amero.

However, it looks like the Prosecutors just want the case to quietly "disappear" at this point. When her original conviction was vacated (or whatever the proper legal term was...) the way the State filed their motions indicated they wouldn't be seeking a new trial.

You're not going to get an apology from the city, because I'm sure their weenie municipal counsel is telling them to not say anything, and the city's insurance carrier most likely is saying if you say anything, we won't pay the lawsuit. I can't imagine her attornies aren't looking at the school's insurance carrier to cough up the court costs incurred...which would've been avoided if the school was in compliance with Federal regulations.

Thumb Down

@Chris

And I quote: "(high school seniors are mostly only 17, making them children still)"

Umm yes technically, (and we all know how much the yanks like their technicalities), they are under the age of 18 but to think that none of them have seen breasts IRL would be ludicrous to the extreme.

Why would you have the police involved in something so minor, actually why is there even an article about this, unless it was written as a classic example of the over eagerness of the yanks to portray themselves as puritanical hypocrites!

Coat

Hmmm.

<< School officials in the future plan to screen class materials before guest speakers give presentations >>

Ummm, shouldn't they have *already* been doing that?

On the subject of breasteseseses, I should say that the salient points have been well and truly discussed.

Right, I'll go peacefully...

Celebrity nipples, biblical threesomes, and El Reg emoticons

To Les Matthew

Posted Sunday 7th October 2007 12:17 GMT

"Does anyone remember when Richard & Judy (British "celebrities") went up to get an award at some contrived show and Judy's nipple was hanging out?"

Richard and Judy are a married couple who hosted a breakfast TV programme in the UK for many years. I managed never to watch it, but I read that they were good. At any rate, they got a broadcasting award, and during their live televised acceptance speech, the top of Judy's dress fell down, revealing an all-concealing matronly bra: no nipples in sight. I saw the still photos in the papers the next day. Her wardrobe malfunction caused some hilarity, but there was no hint of the fuss there was about Janet Jackson, and no move to introduce a 5-second delay into "live" transmission, to allow instant censorship.

To Anonymous Coward

Posted Monday 8th October 2007 09:17 GMT

"The bible is chock-full of violence; murder, sacrifice, execution, warfare, torture and so on but there is not one hardcore threesome scene in the whole book."

Maybe, but there was Lot and his mates being invited out for a gay gang-bang in Sodom and offering to send his daughters down instead, handmaids standing in as surrogate wives, etc., etc.

Emoticons: Which one best expresses: "Why am I wasting my time amusing myself with this crap when I should be doing serious work?"

Anonymous Coward

Re: no sex in the bible

"Um but the Bible is chock full of begatting and lying down with women etc"

Well yes, but all the begetting is just a result of 'means-to-an-end' sex and if someone tries anything a little more creative their whole city gets smited with fire and brimstone and any witnesses get turned into a condiment.

They even resort to claiming a virgin birth to avoid the whole sticky issue of their God putting a bun in some virgin's oven, if that's not a clear indication of nookie-phobia I don't know what is *.

By contrast look at the Greek gods - Danae, for example, was impregnated by the god Zeus in the form of a golden shower - now that's more like it!

* my sincere apologies if I've offended anyone who truly believes in this laughable nonsense.

ffs

can we please get rid of these puerile images. If some readers can't recognise a joke or irony when they see it then tough. Stick with Postman Pat.

Steve

100% MS, no Kodac software needed.

At home, if I put in a removable drive and it gets a drive letter that I had not turned off the stupid auto play features, if windows thinks it full of pictures it will fire up the MS picture viewer and show the first image.

I have no digicam or other photo software installed and a fairly (6 month old) fresh XP install.

Anonymous Coward

"...not one hardcore threesome scene in the whole book."

By Anonymous Coward

To all those confused.. ..by the disparity between censorship of sex and censorship of violence in America.

It's simple.

1) The bible is chock-full of violence; murder, sacrifice, execution, warfare, torture and so on but there is not one hardcore threesome scene in the whole book.

Some in the Bible Belt daren't even admit to a twosome. "Virgin birth" & all that.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018