back to article 75-year-old has world's fastest private internet connection

75-year-old Sibritt Löthberg from Karlstad Sweden just got her first computer, but it didn't take her long to download all the necessary patches. Swedish news site The Local reports that Löthberg's home has been tricked-out with a record-breaking 40 Gb/s connection - the first time a private residence has tapped into the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. willerby johns

Title

Those cunning Swedes are working on a transporter system via the internet.

Beam me up Scotty

2. Dillon Pyron

KO quote

It was DEC founder Ken Olson who stated that no one would ever need a computer in their house. That was in the late 70s. In 1986 DEC introduced their own, proprietary, PC. That flopped.

3. Chrome

Re: GrannyWeatherwaxspace

Nominated for Best Title in the *insert funny award name here* (it's late)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: bandwidth, wasted or otherwise

.. the fact is that you're all jealous because, if her link supports jumbo frames, then she can just back her entire hard disk up into a handful of ICMP Echo frames and ping them into a multi-second virtual storage loop. Admittedly she may have a TTL issue, but it's a good issue to have ...

Yes, I know Scotty did this in that Dyson Sphere episode .. particularly if those Swede Transporter comments are true ...

5. Charlie

Some people...

It's hilarious that some people seem to genuinely believe that Cisco have installed 40 gbs broadband in her house and didn't think to get her a router that operates at that capacity.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

christmas goodies for us all...

no excuse for not pumping out a few hundred million holiday fedex labels...

7. Eduardo Mancini

I think that...

I think that she´s the Oracle from Matrix movie, and she´s want to create a new world inside her computer to put mankind into slavery of the machines

8. simon

We've connected

I'm currently d'ling her entire private collection of amateur videos via emule - and its coming down at faster than 5k per second!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like