back to article SAP opens up certain online courses to locked-down tech learners

Enterprise software outfit SAP has made certain previously paid-for courses free for 90 days as governments enforce mass home working. Some 35 courses are now available at no charge to help students prepare for SAP Global Certifications, while the first attempt at the certification exam is also gratis. The freebies are …

1. AMBxx Silver badge
    Facepalm

Paying for vendor training

I've never really understood software vendors charging for online training. The more people who have skills in their products, the more likely they are to be sold. Bit like charging resellers for the right to sell the software (but SAP do that too).

1. BrownishMonstr

Re: Paying for vendor training

I definitely agree.

It's probably why we have a lot of .NET developers out there. I'm not sure what the landscape would be if MS didn't give Visual Studio Express, DreamSpark/BusinessSpark, or the Community Version licenses for free. Though, it might have helped that their IDE and offerings were good enough.

I considered learning SAP, but I'm not going to pay for the privilege. Yes, I understand I might get rich off of it, but SAP already charge enormous prices to the clients, they should be able to provide them free to devs wanting to learn. I'm not going to pay a lot of money for a course I might not even benefit from (University excluding).

2. Cederic Silver badge

Re: Paying for vendor training

Charging for the training means they don't end up with thousands of people claiming 'Vendor trained' having cursorily browsed the material before applying for jobs that they can't do.

The people buying the software rarely worry about minor issues like, "Can we hire skilled resource?" and instead focus on, "They've promised we can have it live by Q2 at half the price."

So you sell it, then you get to sell the training, then you hire the people that actually know what they're doing and put them in your sales team.

2. Duncan Macdonald

MIT OpenCourseWare

If you want to do some study while cooped up at home take a look at MIT OpenCourseWare . MIT have made virtually all MIT course content available on the web for free.

3. Manjesh

How do I access the 90 days free programs/Certifications? Please advise. Thanks.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

How to access

Follow the links into the story - there are links to the free courses.

Or see: open.sap.com.

C.

1. Farhan Ashraf

How to access

What is the last date to apply for? is this still available?

4. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

A Novel NEUKlearer AI Course ..... for ICQ PleasureRobot ProgramMING

Coding with Snap!, SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation in a Nutshell, is Firm Favourite with AI ProgramMING for PleasureRobots ....... simply because of the Almighty Attractive Advantage Supplied in Live Applications and Quantum Episodes, effectively both Practically and Virtually, Guaranteeing Futures Satisfied and/or Sated.

With the latter Victor become Victim Predisposed to Enjoying Employing Edutaining PleasureRobots to an Extraordinarily Engaging Degrees AIMastering BaseCodeXSSXXXX.

Definitely for the Women and not just the Hot Distressed Mistress and Gentlemen Saints who be IMPerfect Sinners ....... Absolutely Fabulously Friendly Hosts, is one of the more advanced researcher areas with seemingly instantly attractive and even highly addictive Fields of Intimate Engagement and Mutually Beneficial Employment of Enjoyment which EMPowers Deeper Divers Delving for Further Desires to Supply with Temptations to Quench and Love to Try Satisfy.

As AIMaster Driver, IT Proves Sublime and Supreme .... and Virtually Untouchable ‽ .

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Deadline to apply for

Is this 90 days programme/certification still available? if yes please guide how to apply?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like