back to article Hacky hack on whack 'Hacky Hack Hack' Mac chaps hack attack rap cut some slack

The Australian teen who last month admitted hacking into Apple's internal network and stealing data from the Cupertino giant has been spared jail. A magistrate judge in the Melbourne children's court sentenced the young man – now an adult at 19 but who was 16 at the time he broke the law – to eight months probation with no …

1. goldcd

Damn, I double posted, and there's no delete button.

Sorry.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: ..................

"Damn, I double posted, and there's no delete button."

There is a Withdraw link on the right side of your msg...

2. goldcd

Jeesus

You'd think if a random 16 year old had managed to break into your systems TWICE, you'd just give him a job with a gag-clause.

Good thing the Russians are rubbish with computers, or we'd be in real trouble.

1. DCFusor
      Black Helicopters

Re: Jeesus

I'm sure the Russians would take UMBRAGE at that remark,

2. jmch Silver badge

Re: Jeesus

"You'd think if a random 16 year old had managed to break into your systems TWICE, you'd just give him a job... "

Maybe his failure to cover his tracks / IP address sufficiently mean that he wasn't so worthy of a job offer after all. Of course if a not-so-talented hacker managed to break in to Apple TWICE, I have to wonder how secure their systems are in the first place...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No autism diagnosis? Professor Baron-Cohen, I am disappoint.

4. Aodhhan

Since he used Ubuntu to break into Apple, there will be no job waiting. However, the magistrate appears to be a UNIX geek; lucky for him!

5. Daniel B.

Well done

This is now my top El Reg headline!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like