back to article Bloke accused of netting $5m on inside info about Lattice Semiconductor

A Chinese investor has been charged in America with insider trading after allegedly using Lattice Semiconductor secrets to turn a massive profit on Wall Street. Michael Yin, 45, of Beijing, China, faces 14 felony charges of securities fraud and conspiracy to commit securities fraud after he allegedly used confidential …

1. EveryTime

The private equity firms clearly didn't have adequate in-house information isolation. Probably because they don't face any negative consequence for allowing insider trading.

Typo: "fire years in prison"

2. Keven E

Fine my...

So the fine would be the same as returning the net ill gotten gain?

1. a_yank_lurker

Re: Fine my...

Yes and no, the fine goes to the ferals not to the fleeced but the idea is to extract some of the ill gotten gains out of him. If convicted the court may order restitution in cases of fraud on top of the fine and prison term.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

follow up?

Does any one know what happened in this case? According to Reuters "Chow is scheduled to be sentenced on Aug. 20 by U.S. District Judge Gregory Woods" but I can't find any record of what happened

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like