back to article Brit bank Lloyds carves out role for ex-Microsoft design guy Dan Makoski

UK banking giant Lloyds has hired former Microsoft design guru Dan Makoski and plonked him in the newly created role of Chief Design Officer. The bank is keen on "designing great experiences for our customers," according to Lloyds' Zak Mian, group transformation director. Presumably this will involve a bit more than changing …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Meh

Makoski's first day at Lloyds will be next week, although it is not clear what he will actually be working on, other than "human centric design".

When the batch runs go down again overnight and can't be recovered in a timely fashion due to outsourcing the job to people who don't know, he'll have the responsibility of crafting the friendly error message (or perhaps it'll be an emoji) that everyone will see the next morning.

2. steelpillow Silver badge
    Devil

BSOD

Bank Scream of Death?

3. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Corporate logo update...

No doubt his first task will be to bring the corporate logo of the fine rearing stallion into the modern age by re-imagining it as a hogtied three legged donkey?

1. grizzlybaz

Re: Corporate logo update...

To be fair, that would better fit the mindset of the some of the management working there...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Website

How soon before you won't be able to use the internet banking site unless you use a windows machine?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Website

I've been wondering that ever since UEFI and trusted computing.

2. Korev Silver badge

Re: Website

Of of interest when was the last time you saw an IE only site? These days I see Chrome only more often.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"human centric design"

revolutionary and breakthrough idea in the history of humankind, no less.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re:website

"Of of interest when was the last time you saw an IE only site? These days I see Chrome only more often."

lucky you, I commonly see sites that are partial broken one way in chrome, partially broken on firefox another way, partially broken on IE (normal) another way and finally totally fucked in IE (edge).

I'd point it out to the companies but can't be arsed and it's there own fault for hiring design twats who have no idea how to do it and just pile tons of third party libraries (served from a million other websites) and shit on their pages to make it look pretty, talk about form over function!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like