back to article There's just one month left 'til the big day: May 25... but don't panic!

Today, 25 April, marks exactly one month until a truly momentous milestone - but an exclusive El Reg analysis* has revealed that as many as 42 organisations are not yet full of froods. Next month, certain bodies – no matter whether they're at the Restaurant at the End of The Universe or Lord's Cricket Ground – should be ready …

Silver badge

Bonus points

for a lilac towel.

Silver badge

Re: Bonus points

Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love, and a Hard-Boiled Egg

Thanks for that. I had not yet realised that Towel day and the glorious revolution happened on the same day .

I'm sure dwarf bread will go down a treat after a pangalactic ....

Silver badge
Thumb Up

I should be putting my towel down on the sun deck of the ferry to Sardinia that day.

Anonymous Coward

Some Examples of 'Holes' still in GDPR

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-04-25/tech-is-getting-eu-privacy-rules-all-wrong

Silver badge
Pint

Have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster on me !

Or 6 pints of beer... that would probably work too... -------------->

Re: Have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster on me !

"Or 6 pints of beer... "

With two heads on - I assume

Will any towel do? Or are there recommendations?

Silver badge

I believe it needs to be white, of large size, and probably all cotton. Not sure about fire proof though...

Alien

This Is Not Just A Towel, This Is An M&S Towel.

The Hoopy Froods towel of choice

"The contents of Ford Prefect's satchel were quite interesting, in fact, and would have made any Earth physicist's eyes pop out of his head, which is why he always concealed them by keeping a couple of ... Beneath that in Ford Prefect's satchel were a few biros, a notepad, and a largish bath towel from Marks and Spencer."

or

ARTHUR:

Shame we lost the towel.

FORD:

What happened to it?

ARTHUR:

It blew away in the wind. Fell in the river and a stream of lava rolled over it.

FORD:

Hah, it’ll give the archaeologists something to think about: “prehistoric towel discovered in lava flow. Was God a Marks and Spencers sales assistant?” What are you doing Arthur?

Anonymous Coward

So if I get a towel I'm GDPR compliant? That's excellent news. Are the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation GDPR compliant? I can't really see them getting Marvin to ask for consent, he won't be pleased.

Silver badge

Marvin is never pleased, but he'll do it anyway.

Thumb Up

MARVIN:

([On autobiography tape]) I didn't ask to be made: no one consulted me or considered my feelings in the matter. I don't think it even occurred to them that I might have feelings. After I was made, I was left in a dark room for six months... and me with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side. I called for succour in my loneliness, but did anyone come? Did they help? My first and only true friend was a small rat. One day it crawled into a cavity in my right ankle and died. I have a horrible feeling it's still there...

Silver badge
Windows

and over here its a short week. Will have to move laundry day to make sure I have a towel handy for when management start crying about this weird European rule. At least we might have a leftover two four or three.

Silver badge
Happy

And of course google et al will put up a billboard with a statement on it saying they are compliant with the regulations, but it will collapse into the ground and from then on read "go stick your head in a pig"

Pint

The EU does have a sense of humour after all

Too bad we only found out now

Silver badge

Re: The EU does have a sense of humour after all

They do spend the rest of the year reciting Vogon poetry, so not all good.

BEWARE OF THE LEOPARD!

Aww, Belgium...

I'm so un-hip it's a wonder my bum doesn't fall off.

Angel

Hmm ...

I wonder if by then ICANN will have just painted Whois pink and erected a cheap and simple SEP field around it?

TRT
Silver badge

Re: Hmm ...

Lucky escape for ICANN if they do.

I'm off to Eroticon 6!

THREE!!!!

Mushroom

Poetry Contest, in Finnish...

"the first and oldest ongoing bad poetry night on Towel Day"

Vogons, you got it too easy, you.

Happy

What a pleasant thread.

Also not a single down vote.

Thumb Up

@ armyknife

Sorry - someone had to!

Happy

Bahhh ......

You Brits will get no sympathy from me ... unless of course you shoot me with your Point of View Gun first ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018