back to article Way-NO, Waymo! Judge snubs demand for Uber's robo-taxi code

The district judge overseeing Waymo's trade-secret legal battle with Uber has denied a request by Waymo to get all of Uber's self-driving car source code. Calling the Waymo demand "profoundly overboard", Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley flatly snubbed the Google spinoff on Monday during a hearing in San Francisco, California. " …

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Meh

Guess I picked the wrong month...

... to give up popcorn.

1. Captain Scarlet
      Coat

Re: Guess I picked the wrong month...

Someone at Waymo picked the wrong month to give up smoking

2. fobobob

Why can they not provide a single qualified individual (or small team) access for on-site review of the code? Should be easy enough to identify large blocks of poorly obfuscated copy-pasta. (if that has even been done, and provided things are even as Waymo suggests)

Seems like a corporate case on which one can pull out the 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear' rhetoric... and I do believe that corporations are entitled to something resembling privacy.

1. druck Silver badge

Or why not get an independent 3rd party to analyse both sets of source code? There are plenty of tools to automate the process these days.

3. Jim in Hayward

24 hrs?

How do you get access to source code for only 24hrs? Does the data 'self-destruct'? Sure seems to me like they want to get some fresh ideas by looking at how others do it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like