back to article Tell us what you're doing in DevOps, Containers, and Agile

If you want to tell a few hundred of your peers just what you've been doing with DevOps, Containers, Agile and Continuous Delivery, you've got till midnight this Friday to respond to the Continuous Lifecycle London call for papers. Whether you've gone beyond the cutting edge, or are in the middle of a leap from the decidedly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Ok...

So what have the organisation I am at started doing? They have listened to too much Pre-sales bullshit and have embarked on the implementation Agile, DevOps and Continuous delivery without any clear transformational strategy, plan, goals or actual benefits tracking.

So what have the organisation I am at stopped doing? They have stopped listening to the seasoned IT delivery experts who are saying that "whilst we support these approaches, before we actually start doing this shit we need clear approaches for transformation, delivery and service delivery / management - and a clearly defined set of plans and goals."

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Ok...

You must work in the same place as me!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

And me.

All headed by a Digital Director who is clueless.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
          Boffin

Qualifications needed to run the programmes

"All headed by a Digital Director who is clueless."

I guess that there is a prime directive somewhere that makes anyone involve with the management of Agile, DevOpt etc a total Plonker, PHB and a useless POS all rolled into one.

2. JoshOvki

Required xkcd (times 2)

https://xkcd.com/1205/

https://xkcd.com/1319/

3. yoganmahew

Started keeping the head down, playing with the makeywork systems and shutting up.

Stopped caring to the point of sickness how terrible our service to our customers is.

2. Mike Shepherd
    Meh

Tell us what you've stopped doing too...

I've stopped reading articles about snake oil.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I keep my sandwiches in containers and I keep myself agile by doing yoga.

1. handleoclast
      Coat

Re: agile by doing yoga

I tried yoga once.

It tasted like sour milk to me.

1. Des

Re: agile by doing yoga

Namaste

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We don't just want to hear a stream of buzzwords held together with a dash of culture

Neither do we. Wink, wink.

5. Dan 55 Silver badge

What have I stopped doing?

Any semblance of planned development as ticket after ticket of firefighting is somehow seen as a better method.

1. FozzyBear
      Coffee/keyboard

Re: What have I stopped doing?

Hey WOW! that's our method of development. The digital version of duct tape.

This topic is closed for new posts.