back to article Before you head into Office 365, pull on this cosy Cloud Archive

Email archiver Mimecast has promised a subscription drug to cut through GDPR pain. The idea with Cloud Archive is to provide a secure and reliable stash for email data that acts as a safe and secure central resource supporting GDPR requirements, e-discovery, compliance, end-user access, recovery and search. Mimecast says …

1. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Hosted solely in the UK?

Otherwise, would it meet GDPR obligations?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If it's archived in the Cloud

it's not safe or secure.

3. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

It's safe because Cloud. The only thing worse than this nonsense is that manglement will fall for it.

4. Rowy

Trust me, it's in the Cloud...

Isn't Cloud the acronym for "Can't Locate Our Users Data"? Sorry, I know, it's an oldie but a goldie!! Wake me up when it's IRAP certified...

5. jamesdagger

20 years in the IT industry and Mimecast is one of the services I would definitely use again.

Their archiving is but one feature, alongside a suite of security offerings, that have saved one's ass time and again.

6. Nick Ryan Silver badge

GDPR

Yay! Just sitck those four letters on anything, make up some mumbled techno-babble promises about compliance and sell, sell, sell.

Please don't check reality, please don't read the actual GPDR and, most importantly, please don't understand that these services are very unlikely to help in any meaningful way with GDPR.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like