back to article Internet Australia chair, directors, won't seek re-election

Five directors of Internet Australia have indicated they will not seek re-election in order to let the organisation renew itself. Internet Australian (IA) is the Australian limb of the Internet Society, which bills itself as “the world's independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future …

1. Internet Australia CEO

1. So far as NBN Co accusing IA of being “economical with the truth” is concerned. Pot, Kettle, Black!

2. The directors who’ve left have done so for a variety of reasons – in some cases they’d perhaps prefer were not raised, while others had maybe just been on the board far too long?

3. As The Australian has been told many times, my association with the ALP is well known, especially in Canberra, and has not affected my role at IA any more than it did when I was a working journalist.

4. The need for FTTN to be replaced (within 5-10 years of the completed roll out) is the view of Dr Paul Brooks and others with similar tech credibility.

5. I’m not aware of IA ever claiming that XG-Fast would require new copper. All we’ve stated is that it won’t work over many of the longer copper runs in the existing Telstra network.

6. Does anyone seriously believe NBN Co will be able to upgrade (replace) FTTN out of its revenues in any timeframe likely to be in accord with customer needs and expectations? Bill Morrow certainly doesn’t seem to think so. He told Senate Estimates that people wanting faster broadband would have to fund their own upgrades (replacement).

1. Internet Australia

"Baseless" attacks by NBN Co cronies...

"I'm incredibly proud of the impact we've had highlighting the need for a 21st Century NBN. At every stage, I've been mindful of the supportive feedback received from Internet Australia (IA) members and the general public and guided by the member survey that overwhelmingly opposed the deployment of FTTN." https://independentaustralia.net/business/business-display/baseless-attacks-by-nbn-co-cronies-see-resignations-at-internet-australia,10719

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like