back to article HPE memory options rising by double digits... from today

HPE is hiking server memory prices by up to 20 per cent from today, according to communications with the channel, seen by us. The background is that the industry is recovering from a global DRAM shortage and consequently the component has become more expensive. In an email about the changes sent to trade customers, HPE stated …

Silver badge

Memory price history

Out of curiosity, I searched for a history of RAM pricing. Didn't find much that is freely available, but I did stumble upon this.

The number of data points is less than I would have liked, but the downloadable Excel workbook contains a lot more stuff.

If you're curious, it may be worth a gander. Enjoy.

Anonymous Coward

round and round like a circle ......

They're all making money, and predictably building more capacity ..... which means there will be a crash within two years ..... it's mad big game !

Silver badge
Unhappy

Dell no longer publicly sells DDR4 133MHz speed memory nor DDR3 memory. Therefore, this action will not impact our competitiveness in the market.

Dell no longer publicly sells DDR4 133MHz speed memory nor DDR3 memory. Therefore, we are free to milk our customers.

TFTFY

Anonymous Coward

I am hearing a lot of chatter about failing brandnew DIMMs in recent shipments (HPE, Dell, Cisco). Purely anecdotal of course but my gut tells me some of those memory vendors got tempted by the high margins and had their QA criteria uhm adjusted to ship more product for some sweet cash.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018