back to article It's once again time for your enterprise storage salmagundi of the week

Dive into this smorgasbord of lite bites, or light bytes even, of IT storage happenings this first week of August. Arcserve Arcserve reckons we didn't give it enough prominence in our story about Gartner's Data Center backup and recovery Magic Quadrant. It didn't just enjoy a minor change in position in the niche players' box …

1. macjules

".. strengths are building teams and enabling them for success. I empower the right people for the task at hand. I strongly believe in transparency, collaboration, innovation as well as challenging the norm"

Sounds like every recruiter on LInkedIn nowadays. Hey, at least he didn't mention "AI".

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: Alcala

I was wondering if anyone thought of that approach. Answers that question for now. I'm still interested in the details.

3. Pen-y-gors

Sub headings etc

Chris is wasted on storage news! +3 for salmagundi

1. handleoclast
      Coat

Re: +3 for salmagundi

You think Chris should get +3 for mentioning the twunt that wrote Satanic Verses?

2. Wensleydale Cheese
      Happy

Re: Sub headings etc

"+3 for salmagundi"

Thanks, didn't know that word. Wiki: Salmagundi

But it did get me a hook to a word used in one of those test films the then new BBC 2 used to air before the start of evening TV, and which I haven't come across since.

Hashmugandi: The Australian stew made from whatever ingredients could be found and cooked in a pot to make a stew to sustain life in the Australian Outback.

Though I remember it being pronounced "Hash Megandi" in that short film.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cisco released HXDP 2.5 which seems to be coming of age.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon