back to article School of card knocks: Russophone criminals offered online courses in credit card fraud

Cyber crime lords have come up with a new money-spinner – Russian-language e-learning courses geared towards teaching the skills necessary to rip off consumers and card companies. Risk management firm Digital Shadows flagged up the course as part of a wider report into trends in underground carding forums. The study, published …

Silver badge

I hope that PC Plod ...

will pay up and send a delegate on this course. Probably nothing new for him, but there might be a novel trick. Next Plod should have a publicity campaign on how to avoid being duped by the new crims who learn their trade on this course.

Silver badge
Joke

Sounds great...

> "In exchange for RUB 45,000 (£575, plus £150 for course fees),

Can I pay by credit card?

Re: Sounds great...

That depends on whose card it is/was...

Silver badge

Re: Sounds great...

I tried. For some reason they didn't think that my name was really V. V. Putin (Влади́мир Влади́мирович Пу́тин in Russkie.)

Discrimination, I call it. I shall complain to the authorities.

Anonymous Coward

И не доверяйте google translate

будь настороже might slightly closer to the mark.

Meanwhile in the UK...

...thanks to a certain new law, hapless users of a certain kind of Web sites will think even less before revealing their credit-card information. Good job.

Silver badge
Coat

Great news

Now, can someone please explain to me why this publicly-available course isn't followed by every infosec agent at Interpol and lessons applied ?

How is it possible that such mediatisation of security data is not immediately followed by governmental measures ? I mean, if El Reg knows about it, surely government agencies do as well.

Ah, right, stupid me. Here I was again, thinking that governments are about protecting their citizens.

Right, I'm off. Carry on !

Silver badge

This is small potatoes

I took an online course in subverting national governments from the V. Putin Academy of Spycraft and Assorted Dirty Tricks.

Silver badge

Sounds a bit like Trump University

Only more honest.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017