back to article Cybereason snags $100m from Softbank to mount distribution, tech offensive

Cybersecurity startup Cybereason is looking to go to the next level after securing $100m in funding from SoftBank. Cybereason, with headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts and Tel Aviv, Israel, offers a range of endpoint detection and response, next-generation antivirus, and managed monitoring services. These are crowded …

1. roknich

Trust software from Israeli Defense Forces?

It would be interesting to know the connection between Israeli Defense Forces and Check Point Software, Palo Alto Network and 'other' corporations suggested in this article.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Trust software from Israeli Defense Forces?

Not everyone does trust them. However you'd struggle to buy security tech from anyone trustworthy - though of course that all depends on what you business is and who your likely adversaries are (the IDF?). Lots of companies struggle to keep script kiddies out so they shouldn't worry themselves about the IDF.

1. well meaning but ultimately self defeating

Re: Trust software from Israeli Defense Forces?

Would trust it as much as I trust software from Blighty or the US. Slightly more than I would trust software from Russia and orders of magnitude more than I would trust software from virtually any other country.

Suspect if I was running a Middle Eastern dictatorship I would be a little more leery though and buy it through a reseller instead.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like