back to article IBM deep-sixes DeepFlash 150

IBM has withdrawn its Spectrum Scale-based DeepFlash 150 product from sale. The product was launched in August 2016 and has Spectrum Scale running on all-flash array InfiniFlash hardware OEM'd from WDC-owned SanDisk. It was launched as a fast access parallel file system array. InfiniFlash is a flash equivalent of a JBOD, just …

1. Ian Michael Gumby

No shock here...

If you exit the hardware biz, no one will take you seriously on your other products.

They should never have sold the server biz to Lenovo. Linux boxes outsell Power

1. returnofthemus

Linux boxes outsell Power ???

LOL, You're obviously confused

Linux isn't a Box, it's an Operating System ;-)

1. Uncle Ron

Re: Linux boxes outsell Power ???

I think the OP knows this. I think, by "Linux box," he meant "server HW running Linux." And I know Power is HW architecture and Linux is an OS, the OP just 'mixed his metaphors' a little, huh?

1. returnofthemus

I think, by "Linux box," he meant "server HW running Linux."

Oh right, well at least that clears that one up.

Any idea of what particular 'HW running Linux' they were talking about?

I couldn't workout what they were trying to imply

LOL ;-)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WDC killing of Sandisk projects

Perhaps this is less to do with market demand and more to do with WDC actions at Sandisk

1. returnofthemus

Re: WDC killing of Sandisk projects

Could well be, let's not forget that this was an OEM agreement, all IBM were doing was applying it's badge, incorporating software and taken responsibilty for support, but at the same time you'd probably have to accept that market demand could not have been high, especially in Europe, would be interesting to find out if it's the same case in NA and others who may have had similar OEM agreements.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like