back to article Hyper-active Pure goes bananas with new software

Pure Storage is launching a mega-slew of software, with some new hardware, as well as a demo-ing an end-to-end NVMe over fabrics Flash Stack at its annual Pure Accelerate conference in San Francisco. There is a near hyper-converged feature for its FlashArray, the start of a wide-ranging public cloud integration story, fast …

1. Terry P

"Could Pure go in full-scale pursuit of Nutanix? It's not that inconceivable is it, Pure being such an ambitious company?"

The interesting part is the use of the chassis as shelves. They mention 28 modules which you can see at the front....but they don't say whats at the back. Assuming they still have the servers at the back then yes; they can add servers in two unit increments...or just add capacity as needed and servers later you want.

Scale out compute and storage independent of each other, NVMe/F connected.

Does anyone know who manufactures their current capacity shelves?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yawn

Let me guess - you work for the competition.... Don't be so disingenuous. I'm sure you were super hyped when your mob were announcing all their new stuff.

But when you have finished yawning, then maybe you will notice that they say it's all FREE. Now that is a model I like...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But it's still active passive isn't it.

And by the way, "Near HyperConverged"?? Stop it. Stop it now.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"near hyperconverged"

Behave.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

dedicating CPU cycles to running a VM directly on the array? Hmmm...tell me why you bought external, networked all flash storage SAN again? why do you buy those? oh right...thought so...

Hey whats more costly, CPU in your storage or CPU in your commodity servers? yeah. thought so...

Hey, whats your Tier 1 Flash SAN performance like when you have all these VMs taking up dedicated CPU? yeah...tell me how that goes.

interesting idea. very very skeptical. Pure is a 1 trick pony trying to swing against a tsunami by throwing feature set oars at it. Throw all you want, aint stopping the movement. I will given them credit, they are capitalizing and executing well on the SEGMENT that they are in. But they will forever be in a SEGMENT

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'd just appreciate knowing when they plan on becoming profitable. I have a hard time investing in technology from a company that right now does not show me any viable way they're still in business in a couple years based on their current trending.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If you read some of the investor stuff and blogs, their CEO has said profitability by end of this year.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon