back to article Wondering why the office is so productive? Yep, Twitter's knackered

Twitter has spent much of the day tackling gremlins in its systems that have left loads of users unable to access parts of the jibber-jabber service. The internet megaphone copped to two different problems that have arisen in the past 12 hours. While not a complete outage, the issues have left some without access to basic …

Silver badge
Trollface

In...

Before the first Trump joke... ;-)

Anonymous Coward

As some handsome, charismatic genius...

...has already replied to the tweet for this article I genuinely thought we were all too busy running around like blue-arsed flies patching wannacry to bother with social media this week. Seriously Vulture Towers - are you sure you haven't seen a drop-off in posts and comments this week?

Posted anon for reasons of modesty of course...

Silver badge

Jibber-jabber as a service? WHERE DO I SIGN?!

Silver badge
Black Helicopters

Explains a lot

Like the Twit in Chief's silence.

Bronze badge

Ah, profitability at last.

Well, if they hadn't made as big a loss as they would have done had the service stayed up, isn't that a profit of sorts?

And how come people can tweet eg "down here in Italy" if the service is down?

unless the message is truncated and it really said "down here in Italy the women are slim, sexy and gorgeous".

Silver badge

Re: Ah, profitability at last.

"down here in Italy the women are slim, sexy and gorgeous"
Down here in southern Tasmania there's a healthy-sized community of Italians and I'm happy to concur: They are slim, sexy and gorgeous. Most are also articulate and intelligent, and know how to cook a decent meal as well. What more could one ask for?

Silver badge

Re: Ah, profitability at last.

I'm curious, do the ladies consider Italian men worse or better than Ozzie blokes?

I did remarkably well in my time down under, since my views on gender and race are at least up to the 20th century norms :)

Silver badge

Is the bug attacking Vine a vine weevil?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017