back to article Roll up, sysadmins, now you can join Windows Insider for businesses

Microsoft is opening up a new Windows Insider program for IT departments looking to test out new features in advance. The Redmond software builder says the Windows Insider Program for Business will allow corporate techies to try upcoming versions of the OS in workplace-like test environments before they are pushed out to end …

1. Sebastian A

We're all just lining up for this.

Right? Aren't we?

Bueller.

Bueller.

Bueller.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: We're all just lining up for this.

How much are they offering in pay to run what is essentially a lab of their products at my site? Don't they want to do any quality testing of the software, or do they just let Joe Jerkoff and his Crew of Unknown Ability perform this mighty task? When did Windows 10 become a community project? Where is your source code, idiots? What a crap deal.

1. Sandtitz Silver badge
        Mushroom

Re: We're all just lining up for this. @AC

"How much are they offering in pay to run what is essentially a lab of their products at my site?"

They pay nothing. Just like Apple is not paying for macOS preview users nor any Linux distro maker pays for external beta testing. Or any other of the thousands of public beta tests out there.

"Don't they want to do any quality testing of the software, or do they just let Joe Jerkoff and his Crew of Unknown Ability perform this mighty task?"

Yes they do internally test. Are you in general against any public beta testing, or are you bashing MS because that's the easiest way to have likeminded idiots upvote you?

2. a_yank_lurker

Re: We're all just lining up for this.

To marketing moron, this idea sounds good on paper. But I doubt most businesses have the spare staff and equipment to be alpha testers for Slurp. So this will be idea that fizzle like the Hindenburg.

2. Your alien overlord - fear me

And isn't Azure a cost based thing? So you have to now pay Microsoft to be a Microsoft beta tester. Now someone really had large kahunnas to suggest that.

3. doug_bostrom

Creator users, no worries: after a review by Microsoft's User Intentions Inference team your machine has already enrolled you. Please prove your worth as a registry wrangler if you'd like to resign.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like