back to article Silicon Valley bites back via Europe’s copyright reform

Silicon Valley has pushed back hard against Europe’s copyright reforms in the forthcoming response from the European Parliament’s rapporteur, a full draft of which has been seen by The Register. Politico published a partial draft of the European Parliament’s response to the Commission’s proposals – only the odd pages – earlier …

1. Mage Silver badge
    Devil

Canada is not a member of the EU*

I hope much of this is killed. EU does not need to help USA mega corps to make more money by exploiting consumers.

[* If the NAFTA is killed by Trump, who knows. They do have a trade deal with EU, recently agreed and are an Associate Member of the largely Franco-German ESA. Not all EU members are in ESA, some European members are not in the EU, though EU does do some ESA funding]

1. Graham Cobb Silver badge

Re: Canada is not a member of the EU*

Indeed, Canada is not a member of the EU. However, many Open Media supporters are.

I, for example, used their tools to submit my own views to the consultation, and I wrote to my MEPs to also provide my views. I don't parrot the Open Media messages, although I largely agree with them, particularly about the Link Tax.

I realise that means Andrew believes I am, at best, a naive dupe. I disagree, but I would, wouldn't I.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Innovation

Innovation now literally means data-mining.

Re-read it making the substitution, it makes perfect sense.

3. Herby

Just the BEST legislation...

money can buy.

Enough said.

I am reminded that legislation is like sausage, you may like the final product, but you don't want to know what goes into it.

4. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

FTFY

Google and Facebook couldn’t have wished for a more Google-friendly or Facebook-friendly report from the Legal Affairs committee. And perhaps they got what they wished paid for.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like