back to article Fujitsu staff will strike from midnight over pay, pensions and layoffs

Unionised staff at Fujitsu are downing tools for 24 hours from midnight in protest over cuts to jobs, pay and pensions. It appears the conciliation service ACAS failed to find a common ground that suited all parties. Trade union Unite was unable to say how many of its 1,200 members employed at Fujitsu will be on the picket …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How to put yourself at the front of the queue for redundancy - go on strike.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

>How to put yourself at the front of the queue for redundancy - go on strike

Best move when it's inevitable - you get your redundancy pay and a much tastier tribunal settlement if your employer is that dumb - generally striking is actually a good way to put yourself at the back of the queue. Would be nice to think employers value loyalty as you imply, but that's not even vaguely a factor.

2. Miss Lincolnshire

How to take it up the arse without complaint - don't go on strike.

I wish them well.

3. VanguardG

Labor unions are interesting. They come in, promising to get every worker a 10% increase in pay. For which they require union dues equal to 10% of the worker's pay. The company has an increased pay roll cost, the union has more money, and the worker...is in exactly the same position as before. Only now, the union can order him to go on strike, as "support" for a totally different group of workers, at another company, in a different industry, halfway across the country.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Based on my Union subs that puts you on £150 a month.

You should join a Union mate......

2. RealBigAl

It's called strength in unity. Unless you're lucky enough to work for a company that treats it's staff well (not fairly, that can have an entirely different meaning) and pays due care and attention then unions can be a positive thing. It should never get to the stage of strike action. Unions should work on behalf of their members with management, but by the same token management should not be allowed to walk all over employee rights, which they tend to do in environments where there aren't effective unions or workers councils or the equivalent.

Of course if you live in the land that brainwashes people into accepting the removal of u from Labour than I doubt that idea will have much traction.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good luck to them. I have never understood why the IT sector is so frightened of standing up for itself.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like