back to article Black Friday: Cashback site Quidco goes TITSUP* on payday

Quidco, the cashback site, has gone TITSUP amid a push to encourage British consumers to engage in the US-imported Black Friday sales fest. The business operates by transferring third-party commissions (gained via its affiliate network) which retailers pay to referrers, on to its own members while taking a cut itself. But …

1. Fonant

Dell site down too

Looked like a good offer at 1pm. Got as far as entering card details after 40 minutes, then Verified by Visa IFRAME failed. Tried Dell UK chat, started at number 1250 in the queue!

Oh well, that'll teach me to get involved in anything to do with Black Friday!

2. Grouchy Bloke
    FAIL

Was fine first thing this morning, then kyboshed ever since.

All I want to do is order an echo dot from argos at the black friday price and get some cashback....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just use TopCashback

Like any rational person.

1. IsJustabloke
      Trollface

Re: Just use TopCashback

TOP Comment! wre you sitting aTOP a plastic hippo?

4. Ian P

"Promotions will be extended." I'm impressed that Quidco has the power to extend Black Friday, not that Black Friday ever meant... Black Friday. PS. seems to be back up.

1. sandyjaunts

Quidco running ? - oh no it isn't !

5. Mutton Jeff

Oh the humanity

What am us to do?

6. a_yank_lurker

Black Friday

Black Friday over here is when people line up at stores to get "deals" on items and it is a complete zoo in the stores. Most Black Friday online shopping is spread over several days with the same deals as in the stores but having to wait on USPS/UPS/Fed Ex to deliver.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I went to the Apple Store this Black Friday and farted, everyone got pissed at me. It's my fault they don't have Windows.

Ba Dum Tish.

8. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

US-imported Black Friday

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense here. In the US, it's a sale to clear out the Thanksgiving stock ready for the Xmas deliveries here. We don't have a holiday here at that time so there's no holiday stock to clear out. It's just another scam with a few good deals to get the punters in to spend money on some tat that's marked down by 5%, if that.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: US-imported Black Friday

Spot on.

Take Amazon for example;

you get an email saying XXX is now £yyyy.

You click on the link. Do you get taken to XXX? Like hell ypu do.

One item took me almost 10 minutes of scrolling to find. I just gave up and didn't buy anything.

My spend on Black Friday? £223 on three tonnes of Topsoil and Compost. I was going to buy it anyway but got 10% off and free delivery for ordering in yesterday.

In general, Black Friday is a con trick. Bah Humbug!

9. katrinab Silver badge

Well in London, we got a real Black Friday experience, with power cuts putting the city into darkness.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Site report for www.quidco.com

Site report for www.quidco.com

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon