back to article Looking to hire IT staff in St Louis? The talent pool just got a lot bigger

Retail chain Lord & Taylor is closing down its US tech headquarters in St Louis, Missouri, and axing 77 IT jobs in the process. The luxury department store chain provided notice to the Missouri State government of the shutdown yesterday, just hours before the US election day was set to dominate the news cycles. The filing …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Taxpayer assistance

Hopefully, at least, the announcement came soon enough to get the politicians responsible for this waste of money voted out of office.

1. Mark 85

Re: Taxpayer assistance

It would be nice, but that never happens.

2. ecofeco Silver badge

Re: Taxpayer assistance

You're joking right? American taxpayers are morons. They complain about taxes and then elect politician who give companies tax breaks causing the average taxpayer to have to make up the difference.

They do so thinking it will create more jobs, yet, every time it turn out to be a real estate "flip" dodge for the companies.

Every. Damn. Time.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Talent Pool Just Got A Lot Bigger

The best of the talent pool has been moving out of the St Louis region for a while.

Or maybe I'm just saying that because I moved out.

The fact is, people go where the opportunities are, and right now that isn't the constricting St Louis economy. A shame because the area has a lot of wonderful things going for it. But it is saddled with racial charged politics, corrupt city and county governments and rampant crime that have caused an exodus of world-class companies over the past three decades.

3. fredesmite

When I think " HIGH TECH " -- I THINK OF ST. LOUIS !

*not

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like