back to article Euro Patent Office staff demand new rights to deal with terrifying boss

Staff at the European Patent Office (EPO) have asked its administrative council to adopt new guidelines to protect them from the organization's rampaging president. The open letter [PDF] urges the council – which meets this week in Munich – to adopt the same rules for disciplinary proceedings and internal investigations that …

1. Ian Emery Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Sorry, are we still talking about Samsung?

As per title.

2. tony72

Brexit

And yet, for largely political reasons, the Administrative Council – which consists of representatives from all the European countries that make up the EPO – refuses to fire the president.

It's stuff like this that means I'm beginning to warm up to the whole Brexit thing.

1. 's water music Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Brexit, Hobson's choice

It's stuff like this that means I'm beginning to warm up to the whole Brexit thing.

If only it were being run on the same lines as the IICSA

2. Cynical Observer
      FAIL

Re: Brexit

Except that the EPO is not an organ of the EU - at all.

3. Spanners Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

Reforms?

As with those done in the UK, you need to indicate the possible reality by calling them "reforms".

This quotation marks would indicate that someone had used the word but that they were not necessarily truly an advancement or improvement.

1. Mark 85 Silver badge

Re: Reforms?

Perhaps the best reform is to bulldoze the EPO and WIPO management and start over? I recommend a Cat D10.

4. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: King Battistelli

By the sound of all this - why 'King' when 'Duce' seems so much more appropiate?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019