back to article Cisco's cloud whisperer CTO Zorawar Biri Singh blows free

Cloud whisperer-turned-venture capital influencer Zorawar Biri Singh has floated free of Cisco Systems. The roving entrepreneur who turns corporate heads was brought in as Cisco's chief technology officer for platforms in July 2015. Singh was member of incoming chief executive Chuck Robbins’ new team and arrived as the former …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No surprise here

No surprise on this, he has walked across a lot of the old guard (IBM, HP, and now Cisco) saying he can transform them into cloud companies and yet he moves on with little change. Blame it on the companies or blame it on him, but he is 0 for 3 now.

1. Nate Amsden

Re: No surprise here

I blame it onnthe execs that thought or think cloud is a wonderful thing. Then they get into the details and decide "oh, not so good as I thought" and stall or can it (in many cases for good reason).

One of my friends works at such a company, they wanted to build a big cloud practice (I knew it wouldn't work before he even took the job), he was hired to build and lead a cloud services group. 6 months later those prospects were canned and he has a backoffice role biding his time until his next gig).

It's just too big of a change for many orgs. Ends up being too expensive and/or fails in one of many ways because people think they can save some cash by shifting shit to opex.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like