back to article Crash test dummy? Love the excitement of breaking an OS? Fedora 25 Alpha has landed

If you're a chronic complainer and nit-picker with a spare machine and a willingness to suffer multiple crashes, weird screen artefacts and possible data loss: Fedora 25's alpha has landed ahead of its anticipated November 2016 release. If you want to help the developers by breaking stuff, don't risk dual-boot on OS X if you' …

Federa?

Pimedo!

Joke

Federa?

Pillowcase?

Awesome!

(Did I translate that correctly?)

...Cirdan...

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: Federa?

Good try! :-)

no, actually a Chilean meme, from "El Show de Juanelo" a comics blog, where the first to comment adds an icon with a messed up version of "first", in Spanish, "primero", thus "pimedo".

And for the record, the "Federa" was a typo elReg had in the original title (I see they fixed that now)

http://es.juanelo.net

the "pimedo!" image:

http://es.juanelo.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Polera_pimedo2-612x658.png

Anonymous Coward

Used Fedora up until they went gnome shell, fuck 'em

You are missing out!

Fedora 24 is brilliant and there are a number of remixes including "Mate" for people who do not like the default desktop choice.

Anonymous Coward

Re: You are missing out!

RE: You are missing out

Redhat + Pulse Audio + SystemD + Lynyrt Puttering, I don't think so.

Silver badge
Windows

I've had a hate on problem with GNOME since I first met linux, and live with KDE (it was hell for a while) or *box or LXDE when the resources aren't there.

Spinning this up in a vm later this week to play.

Silver badge

I probably shouldn't say this, but...

...most of the bugs you linked actually exist in stable release too. Yes, including the OS X partition resize one. Just, er...don't do that.

Most weirdness people encounter in 25 Alpha Workstation will likely be related to Wayland, which is the default for Workstation now; we know about quite a lot of the issues, but we'd certainly welcome reports of any problems people run across. Other variants (KDE, Xfce, Cinnamon etc.) still use X by default.

and thanks for the article, it's nice to get press on pre-releases so we get more feedback!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018