back to article Imperva under pressure to find buyer after disappointing results

An activist investor is reportedly pushing data centre security firm Imperva to find a buyer following disappointing financial results. Cisco Systems, IBM, Raytheon or Symantec are touted as potential suitors of the Israeli entrepreneur-founded firm, which markets Web Application Firewalls and DDoS mitigation services. …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not much sympathy here - support is terrible, service can be flaky (which then involves support again.....) and even "simple" things like (a) supporting TLS 1.2 and (b) switching off TLS 1.1 requires professional services and is chargeable!

This is despite still supporting TLS 1.1 causing us a PCI fail - any time I complained I got a standard copy and paste reply (some one sent more than once!) saying the date for removing TLS 1.1 has been moved out by PCI etc so tough!

Ironically our sites also now run faster since we have turned Incapsula off so are no longer using their CDN and we can now pass our PCI scan.

Symantec would be a good place for them to go - they would fit right in from day one!

2. Baldy50

No company is impervaous to market forces.

3. P. Lee

Where does the money go?

Big tech companies like Imperva and Bluecoat always surprise me with losses.

They seem to have tiny development teams doing almost no work after the initial product offering, almost bog-standard PC-based hardware (often grossly underpowered), poor support and sky-high pricing and they still manage to make losses.

Is it just me, or is tech now run by beancounters, rather than managers who like technology and think its cool to make better stuff to solve problems better.

These companies need to be careful. Cloud companies will follow the supermarket model - they will use the brands to start with, then spin up their own solutions and cut the brands out. Cloud companies have the scale to do that.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Doubt it would be IBM

They sell a competitor solution called Guardium

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon