back to article Speaking in Tech: Techcast on Brexit 'You can't argue with people'

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise This week on our tech chatfest, Sarah Vela, Ed Saipetch and Amy Lewis dish on Brexit, Obama and Theranos. Our special guest this week is Mark Thiele from Apcera. The details... (1:00) Eddie Spinach returns and Amy bounces back from Dockercon (4:42) Brexit bananas (9:33 …

1. Somewhere in the Colonies

Not sure if that last interviewee was a parody or not. But definitely funny!

I assume it was like the old adverts that the team sometimes play - but this time taking the mickey about 1990s management techniques. Brilliant!

2. D P Duck

"Speaking in Tech" does not normally do politics. Wise. Keep it that way.

I was amazed at the lack of understanding displayed during the "Brexit Bananas" section. Making sweeping comments about subjects you do not understand is not a good thing to do. Factual mistakes, and poorly researched observations are not what I expect from this Techcast. My advise for the presenters would be to steer clear of politics. I myself will review my impressions of American society and politics to make sure I am not guilty of such misconceptions myself. Now, let me think, was it New York or Mexico where they speak "Mexican"? I think I'll drop George an email.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "Speaking in Tech" does not normally do politics. Wise. Keep it that way.

I don't disagree but what specifically bothered you?

1. D P Duck

I think it was the general assumption that one side is mad (i.e. leave) and the other is sane. I've spent months and months thinking about it and I still wonder what is the best move. Also the focus on reports that people were now regretting voting "Leave" and the general impression that the loony racists are now taking over control of the country. Finally, they fact that they did not even know whether or not Wales voted leave or remain. That apparently required too much research so they decided to dump the blame for all the bad stuff on rural England. I'm sure that I could get on a podcast and rabbit on about how dumb the American democrats are not to select Bernie Saunders or that Trump's success shows just how extreme and racist all Americans are.

I suppose that the Monty Python got it all summed up in their "Election Night Special" sketch all those years ago. You know, the Sensible party versus the Silly party and the little pink pussy cat taking Barrow-in- Furness (gain from the Liberals). http://www.montypython.net/scripts/election.php.

P.S.

I don't live in England. I just think that all sweeping statements are rubbish (apart from this one, of course).

1. Dr Stephen Jones

I agree, it came over as four completely clueless Americans who had skim read the headlines.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like