back to article Snapchat valued at $18bn

Messaging app Snapchat has been valued at an extraordinary $18bn in the latest round of funding, revealed in an SEC filing. The company raised $1.8bn over the course of a year, with most of it coming in the last few months. The company is still privately held, but unlike other Silicon Valley "unicorns," venture capitalists are …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another pump and dump share price flotation scam

Goldman Sachs

2. Dadmin

Look at my valuation! Keep watching! Keep watching...

don't look away! Keep at it! Oops, there it goes down down down... That's how the stock market works. You "believe" in this or that, get a bunch of other dummies to follow you down that road, ?, profit! Then if nothing is growing, you divest and latch onto another pony, and everyone forgets that last one. It's all based on growth. You don't grow, there's something wrong, everyone sell, sell sell! But I digress...

"thanks in large part to its huge popularity with teenagers" who will get tired of it in a few months when the next "cool, shiny, app" comes out and they all forget that snapthingything.

It reminds me of those idiots who cater to the whims of the teens going bust in the end, because guess what? Teens don't make any fucking money. Period. Those "teens" get their money from people like me; parents with a job. So, value high, sell high, all the little investor lemmings will go fly off another cliff when those 33 billion "teens" all shift their eyeballs to that next shiny

Invest in yourself. Grown your own value through learning and building, then you sell your shiny app to a Google and the circle of life completes. Or piss away your filthy lucre playing the scam market. My angry friend above is not far off the mark; stocks are what stupid people, without any original ideas of their own, should invest in. That or you get some free from your workplace instead of cash, which is another kinda stupid move, but that's your problem.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon