back to article FCC boss: Oh look, net neutrality didn't end the world after all. Surprise!

Tom Wheeler, chairman of US broadband watchdog the FCC, has given telcos a firm poke in the eye over their net neutrality doomsday predictions. Speaking on the one-year anniversary of the Open Internet Order at the GnoviCon conference in Washington DC, Wheeler reflected on the fact that the big telcos railed against the rules …

1. Dwarf
    Pint

It's not Friday

But someone buy him a pint or ten for common sense.

1. asdf

Re: It's not Friday

Common sense probably means he won't be around long after the next administration take office (even if not officially a political appointee, too lazy to look if he is) as that is not how DC works.

1. PJF

Re: It's not Friday

"... Common sense probably means he won't be around long after the next administration take office (even if not officially a political appointee, too lazy to look if he is) as that is not how DC works. ..."

And that UNcommon sense in a high-level government position is unheard of.

Unfortunately, your are probably right - either outed on being an appontee, or gets "elected" out for someone elses BFF. Too bad though.

2. iknowdastruth

More fear mongering BS from luciferian brits and their parlor tricks. It's all a double divergent luciferian PSYOP agenda(s).

3. Mark 85

I'm having a hard time with this.... a former Telco Lobbyist, and logically if we follow what goes on after their time in government, he'd be at another one with a larger salary. And here he is slapping down his old bosses and gloating about it. I guess stranger things have happened but I'm not sure what those would be.

1. Ole Juul

The thing is that he was still fighting the same fight then, the Telcos just forgot. When Wheeler was lobbying for cable companies they were the underdog. Now that they're on top, it's time to view them differently. The Telcos were touting Wheeler's appointment as a huge win at first. Being not of that same persuasion themselves, they forgot that some people work from principles.

4. TJ1

re: former telco lobbyist

"You do the job that's in front of you" - Sam Vimes, Commander, City Watch

1. Red Bren
      WTF?

Re: re: former telco lobbyist

Who's downvoting a Pratchett quote? Hit them with the ban hammer!

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: re: former telco lobbyist

Splitters! No, wait, wrong franchise... But seriously, downvoting a TP quote just won't do.

2. frank ly

@ Red Bren Re: re: former telco lobbyist

Or a wizard's staff, with a big iron knob on the end.

3. Arctic fox

@Red Bren "Who's downvoting a Pratchett quote?"

Indeed. I think an extended stay in the scorpion pits is in order.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like