back to article Let's talk over Wi-Fi, says Oracle to folks who don't know Skype exists

Oracle's parked its yacht near Barcelona and fired off the usual broadsides of product announcements that accompanies a major conference like Mobile World Congress. Mobile operators in need of a Wi-Fi gateway can throw their hats into the air with the launch of the Oracle Communications Mobile Security Gateway. The gateway's …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Perhaps they're after the customer who's willing to pay to avoid data mining with a grade of encryption that offers a defence against casual mass interception.

I'm sure they're offering that, aren't they?

1. James 51

Blackberry have had a few products like that. You might need BES 12 now though that they've withdrawn meetings.

2. Dan Wilkie

I generally use WhatsApp instead of the phone to call when I'm in the house, since mobile coverage indoors is rubbish and I'm usually calling the wife and kids in Devon, where coverage is even worse!

3. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

RIP Skype

Skype's primary feature is streaming ads to desktop computers. Its secondary feature may be seizing credits when calling a foreign number. That it still sometimes provides communications is just a glitch of some legacy code.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like