back to article Dell-EMC deal difficulties: VMware and daddy postpone roadtrip

The Dell-EMC acquisition was announced on 12 October this year, with Dell buying EMC along with its 80 per cent holding in VMWare. Since the deal was announced, VMWare shares (VMW) have lost considerable value compared to EMC’s shares. Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi thinks the EMC share price fall “can be attributed to the …

1. Bronek Kozicki

concern over VMW's corporate governance under Dell

I would have laughed this off a week ago. But not now - not since Dell has proven to the whole world that they are employing incompetent morons.

2. Big Wiggle

The Tax Man cometh

Don't forget the potential $9BILLION tax bill that could torpedo this whole thing. I haven't heard news that the issue has been resolved.

Frankly I can't see how this is a good deal for EMC investors. Tracking stocks have a shitty history and the share holders have no voting rights. Dell wants to have its cake, eat it, and stick the restaurant with the bill.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: The Tax Man cometh

Let me tell you how it will be

There's one for you, nineteen for me

Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all

Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

The Beatles - Tax Man

3. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Seibert: Yeah. So, listen, fellas, who’s up for a little party this Saturday night? Open bar, good eats, might even be a few pretty girls.

Raj: Sounds great!

Howard: I’m in!

Sheldon: Hold on. Just because the nice man is offering you candy, doesn’t mean you should jump into his windowless van. What’s the occasion?

Seibert: Just a little fund-raiser for the university.

Sheldon: Aha! The tear-stained air mattress in the back of the van.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like