Sucked in, bad
Truth in advertising, I've heard of it.
Dyson's found itself in strife again, after Australian courts found its claim to make the “most powerful cordless vacuums” with “twice the suction power of any cordless vacuum” could not be sustained. LG's Australian tentacle took Dyson to court over the claim, as its own LG CordZero has more power than Dyson's V6. One small …
Truth in advertising, I've heard of it.
Dyson would be better off claiming they make the noisiest vacuum cleaners. Nobody's going to take them to court for that!
the smaller the motor the noisier it gets, get a miele...they use big motors that make half the noise of most others.
Doesn't matter to me, I lost all respect for LG a long time ago.
LG has actually lifted its game a lot in recent times, they may be worth another look
We're on our second LG cleaner. The cost of the two of them was less that the cost of the dyson the first one replaced.
The first died after cleaning up excessive amounts of brick dust and assorted buildind debris.
The second is still going strong after about 10 years, It has a nifty paddle device which compacts the 'hooverings' as it works and is so effective that when it comes to emptying it I dont have to worry about muck going everywhere (as used to happen with all our prevous cleaners.
My only gripe is that the design of the user end of the hose is too big for me to get it into some of the shelves and smaller spaces.
Yes. I do the 'hoovering'
"My only gripe is that the design of the user end of the hose is too big for me to get it into some of the shelves and smaller spaces"
You can buy generic adaptors for that.
And yes, the paddle thingie is brilliant.
So Dyson will add the word "handheld" to its little sucker?
"the Aussie court has ordered us to tell you that we have the most powerful handheld cordless vacuum"
And anyway everybody knows that nothing sucks like an Electrolux...
No, nothing sucks like a VAX, especially the OpenVMS part of it.
The original saying is: "Nothing sucks like a Hoover".
I have one, it is actually pretty good, if you regularly clean all filters. Its cyclone is a joke - it basically does not settle any of the smaller dust so it all ends up on the filters anyway.
Can't they just send out stickers that just say 'hand-held' and instruct the merchants to plaster them on the in-store displays?
Living proof that not just humans and some animals make tools but some tools also make tools.
Wasn't it claimed of that august English company Joe Lucas that the only product they made which did not suck was a vacuum cleaner.
It's not for nothing that that Lucas was known as the Prince of Darkness...
...just sudden, unexpected Darkness.
However, I'll stay with my Kirby Ultimate G - can suck the paint right off the wall and is rebuildable. I craigslisted this one for $200 after I lost my other Kirby in the divorce. Funny thing that, I got custody of the kids and received child support from her, she got the house, my truck, and my Kirby. Priorities...
Don't buy one new, they're like $1500. Paid $1300 for the one I lost.
Nothings changed, I used to sell Kirbys back in the 90's.
We'd vacuum the mattress, empty the contents of the filter out and then say "The good news is 10% is dead, the other 90% is alive. Would you let your child sleep in that?"
That doesn't suck...
I don't see any sucky logic here.
If they wanted to claim they had the most powerful, handheld cordless vacuum, then that's what they should have said. But they didn't.
Easy for Dyson to fix though innit, just change it to "most powerful handheld cordless vacuum".
Or "most powerful handheld cordless vacuum by Dyson".
All a vacuum cleaner does it pump air from the nozzle to the exhaust. The limit is atmospheric pressure ~14.7 lbs/in2. The only question is how fast the motors can move the air to make room for more air. That's why the keyboard cleaner attachments don't work---when the nozzle's small enough to get into crevices between keys, it's only got 0.01 in2 area, assuming the nozzle's about 0.1 inch in diameter. Thus, you get 2.3 ounces of suck.
A vacuum cleaner can only make it possible for air pressure to blow stuff into the nozzle.
Miele's keyboard cleaning attachment works perfectly...
When I hooked a vacuum gauge up to a dyson it read 28 while the trusty filter queen only read 24 and the cheap sanyo read 18. Out of the 3 the filter queen moves far more air and has the cleanest output airflow.
Oddly enough my 1960s made filter queen also uses cyclonic airflow to keep the thing working properly years before James invented the same technique.
Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018