back to article Australia on the very brink of cyber-geddon, says ex-spook

Blood will flow in the streets, human entrails will adorn our flagpoles, and zombies are on the way to eat our brains, according to one of the architects of fortress Australia. As well as promising cyber jihadist attacks, former Australian Security and Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) boss David Irvine, whose credits include …

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Cyber maturity

I must confess ignorance of the term, had to use the search engine of my choice.

At first I thought this had something to do with how old their CDC mainframes were.

2. Flat Phillip

Sounds like most of those natsec types: the world is going to end in a horrible scary way unless you give us more money or powers. Actually to be sure that nothing scary happens, how about you give us both?

3. FuzzyTheBear

As usual ..

they lie , spread FUD , speak of disasters that never happen so the scared little sheep can sleep soundly at night while they get preyed on by those who wants us to trust them ..

i mean .. anyone here ever read Peter and the Wolf ?

How many more times will it take for the people to wisen up and see that they have built not a fortress to keep em safe but a prison of which there's no escape ?

4. DocJames
    Joke

Scary things will happen!

I can prevent it; just give me all your money.

(I already know how much you have so don't try hiding any.)

Yours sincerely (ha!),

Aussie branch of 5 eyes

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like