back to article HP hikes up specs on hyperconverged offering

Days after running its EVO: Rail product off its rails, HP has landed a new hyperconverged system, updating the CS-240 product to the CS-250 by doubling RAM and using Intel Haswell CPUs to add performance punch. It's also adding software disaster recovery, a three-node configuration, and down-pricing against Nutanix. The …

1. Cloud 9

It felt lonely in here .. so I thought I should post

Wow .. this sounds too good to be true .. and they're using what for the storage element? Say again? I thought you just said Storevirtual? Haha.

No .. really, what are they using?

Oh .. it *is* Storevirtual. Does it have any new features? No? Oh .. Okay then.

2. WageSlave

Great picture of Dell Blade Servers ...

Need I say more? ;-)

PS: I work for Dell..

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Article Image

Yah, so that's a Dell blade chassis. Just sayin :)

Also, to be clear, this is basically HP pre-bundling Lefthand with VMware or some other hypervisor? To compete with Nutanix?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

a server is a server is a server

if you've ever been in a data center, you'll know that all modern hardware looks similar. Pretty naive if you think that HP is reselling Dell...what's your point?

Hyper-Converged is about data services in software integrated with the various other components - hypervisor, x86 hardware, management....that's what this is. Thats what Nutanix is, EVO:RAIL is...

If you think Hyper-Converged is about hardware platform only, you don't understand it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like