back to article Commish snaps on rubber gloves, Amazon readies itself for antitrust probe

The European Commish has decided to prod about in Amazon’s contracts with publishers looking for nasty antitrusty behaviour. The Commission is concerned that the contracts, which force publishers to notify Amazon about more favourable terms and conditions with competitors, may make it more difficult for other ebook …

1. Vimes

If Amazon are found to have acted in the same way that Apple previously tried, then surely that would make them just as guilty? That stuff to do with contract terms being at least as good as competitors in particular sounds eerily familiar.

Personally though I'd settle for getting the same treatment as US customers. There are a number of both audio books and ebooks not available to people in the UK despite them being available on the other side of the pond - and not new ones either, since the ones I'm currently trying to find are old Asimov novels.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I thought the Most Favored Nation clause was one of the big things Apple was cited for (other than the collusion that all the publishers participated in) Surely Amazon isn't dumb enough to do the same thing after Apple got its hand slapped? And it is worse for Amazon since unlike Apple they have a monopoly or near-monopoly in e-book sales!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like