back to article Quiet, please – HP waves baton for 'composable' IT

HP has a grand plan for when it morphs into Hewlett Packard Enterprise later this year, and the key to it is a concept it's calling "composable infrastructure." In his keynote at the HP Discover conference in Las Vegas on Wednesday, HP CTO Martin Fink said that to understand composability, you should think about a composer …

1. spiny norman

Different work?

I suppose it's too much to expect an IT exec to understand the analogy he's using.

I'm just about to release I tune I've written called "You Did It My Way". It may sound superficially like the song Sinatra recorded, but it's faster, louder and in a different key. I shall call Martin Fink as an expert witness when the lawsuit comes to court.

2. jake Silver badge

A little bird told me ...

... this is quickly going to be known as "compostable infrastructure".

3. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

if you think about music, it's really made up of a very few number of components

- Stop, stop, you're playing all the wrong notes.

- I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.

4. chivo243 Silver badge
    Coat

Need new glasses..

I thought it read compostable IT. A new green IT angle? It's a nice outside won't be needing my coat.

5. Steve Knox

Odd

I'm more used to HP being involved in compostable IT...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you think about a symphony, if you think about music, it's really made up of a very few number of components," Fink said.

Really a very few number of components - who in PR let this ass out to speak in public when he clearly cannot string a coherent sentence together. I switched off after that paragraph

Along with Compostable IT perhaps throw Fink in the composter with his IT where I hope he can add the most value to society and his customers.

If you cannot speak and make sense then shut up and sit down

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like