back to article Indian music streaming service Ganaa hacked, site yanked offline

Service has been suspended, and passwords reset, following a hack against Indian music streaming service Ganaa. Ganaa detailed its response to the newly-discovered security breach in a series of updates to its official Twitter feed. We have temporarily removed access to our website and app as a vulnerability in one of our …

1. elDog

I'd like to see a 50K (pound/Euro/$) automatic reward for any whistleblower that was ignored

This should come out of the company/agencies revenues - preferably out of the CEOs, alho that would just be an annoying fly bit.

How to tie the top echelon earnings to running a good ship?

At first glance, to me, it seems that some large part of remuneration needs to be tied to long-term performance. And that this performance is not judged by his/her peers on the Board Of Directors.

2. Andy Non Silver badge
    Unhappy

Apathy.

From what I've seen, the larger the company the more apathy they have regarding their site's security and are less contactable to do anything about any problems found.

I discovered a fault on the EDF website two years ago regarding paying your electricity bill by debit / credit card. After the process has completed it gives you a payment reference number and confirms the amount paid. Both of these numbers are incorrect. They also automatically send an email with the correct figures. It appears that they give the amount paid and reference number of someone else's payment! Confusing as hell the first time it happens. I contacted EDF about this problem two years ago and nada, zilch, the problem still exists every time I pay my bill online. While giving customers someone else's payment confirmation isn't perhaps too security sensitive it does make me wonder if it is just the tip of an iceberg of security incompetence. They certainly don't seem to care about the fault. I can't be the only one to notice and report the fault.

3. Tony W

Gaana

apparently.

4. wayne 8

inappropriate thumbnail?

Questionable taste in using a thumbnail of violence in India's recent past. I am not usually PC, but I do have to point this one out.

5. Ticl
    Devil

Not ganna work here anymore.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like