back to article El Reg merch tentacle mulls retro LOHAN T-shirt

The chaps and chapettes at El Reg merchandising tentacle Cash'n'Carrion have been strapping a few ideas to the apparel ducking stool to see if they float, and have just sent over a couple of pics of a proposed Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) T-shirt in a retro comic book stylee. It's pretty fetching, we reckon, …

1. Caustic tWit

Yes Please

The T, mug, & jacket are OK too.

2. Rosie Davies

Tidy, but...Is there any danger of having ladies fit t-shirts available? 'Cause, y'know, I'm not really rectangular.

Rosie

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

I shall make sure the C'n'C team is alerted to your non-rectangular form.

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Ah, what, rounded corners?

Sorry :-)

2. Miatta Momoh

Hi Rosie, this t-shirt and all other t-shirts (except our Classic round neck and Classic polo) are uni-sex style t-shirts. You can see El Reg's Cathy sporting a lovely BOFH t-shirt here - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/27/bofh_t_shirt_unleashed/

3. Pen-y-gors

Dish-washers

Please make sure any mugs are dish-washer safe. My LOHAN kickstarter mug is already very badly faded and it hasn't even blasted off yet!

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
      Stop

Re: Dish-washers

Most printed-to-order mugs and glassware should be hand-washed. The stuff that goes in dishwashing powder/tablets is very strong.

2. no-one in particular

Re: Dish-washers

Thanks for the warning - if my LOHAN KickStarter mug does ever arrive I'll be sure to treat it well.

4. emmanuel goldstein

I think the T-shirt design needs to be on a dark coloured shirt. It looks a bit weak on white, IMHO.

5. emmanuel goldstein

how about a small competition for the readers to come up with something? make some relevant bits of artwork available for download (logos, plane shape etc.) and see what happens.

Hmmmm....

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

...and

====>

\\\\

}}}}}}}}]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]>>>>>----

////

====>

This is my entry.

*Damn the line spacings....I demand ascii art friendly forum postings.

1. Camilla Smythe

Re: ...and

"*Damn the line spacings....I demand ascii art friendly forum postings."

I have to admit the 'prior to assembly' ascii art works for me given this launch in Merca[pton] is taking a bit of time to sort out.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/01/jeff_bezos_blue_origins_rocket/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EIkzHYYm1w

http://i.imgur.com/zyy6rts.png

No shit. Apparently, in Merca[pton], Bezos is allowed to parachute his 'payload' on to the ground from 307,000 feet close to a place that looks a bit like it might blow up if the wind was in the wrong direction and you dropped your load on it whilst Musk has to spunk his 'payload' in the sea.

ITMT the SPB are not allowed to launch a balloon?

Presumably Bezos has pockets for the insurance payouts or might flick the switch on/off govs share of EC if they did not let him party on 'ground' zero. I guess it sucks to be Musk.

Sigh... should have gone with my original idea. Ho-hum.

2. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Who keeps the copyright for submitted entries?

Is this why the other surface of LOHAN is not used?

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
          Unhappy

I was a bit surprised thay didn't go for the artists side.

No reason why they can't.

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

But who holds the copy right?

1. Swarthy
                Pirate

But who holds the copy right?

The original creator holds the copyright.

El Reg would hold the copyright for the initial logos, graphic samples, etc. offered for use. The creator of the derivative work would hold the copyright for that work (including a limited, non-redistributable licence for the El Reg held works). By submitting your work to El Reg, you would be granting them a licence to use, and redistribute, your work with attribution and the considerations awarded to the winners of said contest.

-- At least that would be a fair and equitable way of working the submissions, and I sincerely hope our beloved Reg would not pull some shenanigans like claiming that all submissions were "works for hire". Especially given the, ah, energetic comment threads on copyright articles.

1. Swarthy

Addition: If one were to create a graphic without using any El Reg provided works, it obviously would not be a derivative work, and the copyright would be held solely by the creator. In this case, submission should grant El Reg a non-exclusive licence to use, and redistribute, the work ...continued as above.

That all sounds about right, were we to indulge in such an exercise.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not a fan of the LOHAN graphic at all

Just looks a bit naff and amateurish. A design competition is required I think.

How about a Vulture glued to the ground with the tag line "Grounded by Spanish and US bureaucracy"

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Not a fan of the LOHAN graphic at all

How about a Vulture glued to the ground with the tag line "Grounded by Spanish and US bureaucracy"

Nails. Big ones. 6". At least. (15cm for the Spanish version, in case you were inquiring)

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Re: Not a fan of the LOHAN graphic at all

"Nails. Big ones. 6". At least."

Any one can ground a vulture, but it takes an engineer to only just ground a vulture.

7. Nigel Cro

Always on the look out for new T Shirts, particularly if they are humorous and/or tell a story.

But... If they are kept in the same warehouse as my Pint glass, I might just keep my money in my pocket.

(Pint glass STILL not arrived - Maybe the FAA are holding up the delivery due to the Septic's aversion to proper beer??)

Tankard saga

We had to get some new tankards knocked up - which took a while, as did working out who hadn't received their receptacle - and they're being dispatched by our C'n'C fulfilment outfit. You are on the list, so hopefully (and finally)...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon