back to article Netflix goes TITSUP worldwide (Total Inability To Support Usual Programming)

Those waiting for their next installment of Friends, or whatever, may have a bit of a wait – large numbers of people have complained the popular streaming service fell offline globally more than an hour ago. According to some, the site is now struggling back to its feet. Netflix has more than 50 million subscribers on Earth …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Presumably they'd given a generous severance to the guys who keep the lights on because it wasn't obvious what they were doing.

2. John Tserkezis

"Those waiting for their next installment of Friends, or whatever, may have a bit of a wait"

And to think people laughed at me when I bought the DVD box set of "Friends".

Ha, I have the last laugh now. Or not, depending.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No mention of The Register web site going down yesterday

People who live in glass houses.....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No mention of The Register web site going down yesterday

No secret here - load balancer issue - took out 1/6th of our traffic for about 20 minutes. That means site was working for 5/6ths of visitors during that time.

1. M. B.

Name and shame the load balancer!

1. Mark 65

Name and shame the load balancer!

Terry, and he still lives with his mum.

2. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

That means site was working for 5/6ths of visitors during that time.

I can vouch for this. The site was working for 5/6ths of me. Fortunately the remaining 6th wasn't paying attention anyway.

4. Andy Roid McUser

LB Wobble

When we talk to the business the usual 'correct terminology' is that the components, which are tested regularly ,didn't fall over cleanly and suffered from a 'flapping' state.

They don't tend to ask questions after that.

5. an it guy
    Joke

new serviec from netflix?

"The steaming service took a dive"

Excellent. now where do I get unlimited steaming from. I've got a few shirts that needs steam ironing ;-)

1. Dan Paul

Re: new service from netflix?

"Excellent. now where do I get unlimited steaming from. I've got a few shirts that needs steam ironing ;-)"

I hear that Gwyneth Paltrow already has "Unlimited Steaming" service......for her vagina (look it up) and it must have taken a "dive" . Looks like she could press your shirt right after the steam using only her thighs. And note that it slices, it dices too, maybe they are just better when they are warm.

But that's one way to clean up.....

http://satireworld.com/us-news-headlines/201502011439/uninteded-consequences-paltrows-vagina-so-clean-it-squeaks/

http://bestvegetablesteamer.net/news-and-info/gwyneth-paltrow-is-really-into-steamed-vegetables/

6. Tom 38

Simian army irregulars?

Did the chaos monkeys escape from barracks?

7. AbelSoul
    Trollface

"Netflix has more than 50 million subscribers on Earth."

And how many elsewhere?

8. PeterM42
    IT Angle

Definition of TITSUP

I thought that meant "Total Inability To Support Useless Programmers".

Any variants on that?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like