back to article Evernote says goodbye to Hello, shuts lid on Peek

Evernote, which makes a useful free form database with over 100 million users, has taken an axe to some little used services and platforms, while extending its new chat service to iDevices. The contact manager Evernote Hello is getting the chop – the company explains its functions, which include business-card scanning, have …

1. Ashley Flynn

I like evernote but they're almost childish sometimes in their direction. The service is open to interpretation with its usage but they seem to favour the wacky/radical ideas of staff brainstorming "next big idea"s rather than developing their product solidly following the functional/useful suggestions of their user community.

2. Stuart 22

I am unloved :-(

"I can absolutely guarantee they will never can the Linux client".

Reviewers used to rave about Evernote. I used to rave about Evernote and introduced it to some of our clients. However, as we migrated from XP to penguinland it was disappointing to find EN had absolutely no interest into making their product platform independent. The make-dos (running under wine or nixnote) are not reliable enough to commit to. So its off elsewhere for us. And a lot more if you believe the discontent on their forums.

Its their business decision and it drives my business decision. If you can't do Linux then you are going to lose all the Win/Mac desktops that might be sharing the same data. Hope they got their sums right.

1. Bogle

Re: I am unloved :-(

I don't think it's suitable for business at all as it has no encryption. Plain text, stored on their servers.

3. Anonymous Coward
  4. Terry 6 Silver badge

Proffessional?

I use it for my personal use. It's brilliant for keeping notes, ideas, even web links across my assorted devices. It's a good general purpose, personal tool.

But for work?

Recommended to clients for transferring confidential information - or anything that is "mission critical"?

No there are better, safer , easier methods for each or any of these tasks.

On the other hand, it's much more intuitive than OneNote, which I personally found muddled and confusing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon