back to article DVRs at the ready tonight: El Reg's motor Vulture is on the tellybox

Keen Reg readers will doubtless wish to line up one of their TV tuners tonight to capture Inside Out at 19:30 on BBC1 (sadly only in London). The programme is to feature our own Simon Rockman, mobile and motoring correspondent, expounding on the experience of driving an electric car in the nation's capital. Here's a short clip …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I believe...

...you can get different regional Inside Out's via iPlayer.

1. Mattjimf

Re: I believe...

In my experience iPlayer is London based for watch now BBC shows (at least it is for the news bulletins).

2. Martin Summers Silver badge

Freesat

If you're on Freesat, go look in the 900 channel area for the BBC regions. If you can drag yourself away from babe station of course.

1. John Sager

Re: Freesat

950 to be precise. Sky customers may be able to get it too?

1. AndrueC Silver badge
        Boffin

Sky customers may be able to get it too?

I think it's around there in the Sky EPG as well. Even if not you only need the frequency/symbol rate/polarity and you can manually tune it in.

Edit: Looks like it might be channel 963. That's BBC One South East.

Alternatively unless you live in the provinces (Scotland or NI) BBC HD will be BBC London. They can't afford to carry as many different HD streams so they aren't very regionalised.

2. Pen-y-gors

babe station = CBeebies?

1. Simon Harris
        Coat

I think it's more CBoobies.

3. frank ly

Move over Jeremy Clarkson

How about a regular Reg Gear programme? Not just cars but various equipment reviews.

4. MJI Silver badge

BBC HD

That seems to be BBC London as well

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: BBC HD

That depends where you are and how it's delivered. Here in NE England, BBC HD via Virgin cable is either "We are unable to broadcast local programmes on BBC HD" or we BBC Manchester.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: BBC HD

Oops, my mistake. It's ITV HD where we get Manchester/NW programming for "local" news. BBC HD broadcasts the place holder when local news would be on but IIRC we get Inside Out from a different region, not sure which but I'd guess London. BBC1 SD is local.

5. Jim 59

*We assume that most of our keen readers will not be using anything so basic as a stone-age telly without digital storage. We presume it'll be more along the lines of custom media servers with a fistful of tuner cards, top-end DVRs, iPlayer run on a variety of exotic platforms, that sort of thing.

Rediffusion. No remote.

1. Martin
      Happy

And still renting it from Radio Rentals?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Probably the coin operated telly

That time forgot....

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. AndrueC Silver badge
          WTF?

Not that long ago (fewer than 10 years) I was helping my Dad sort stuff out after my Mum died and was surprised to find he was renting his telly.

Apparently some people still rent their telephones from BT.

"For example if you are older, disabled or vulnerable you may find it preferable to rent a telephone so that BT will be able to maintain the phone for you".

'maintain the phone for you'. Um..whut? You mean like come out and give it a wipe down once a week?

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

These tales of impending doom allowed the Golgafrinchans to rid themselves of an entire useless third of their population. The story was that they would build three Ark ships. Into the A ship would go all the leaders, scientists and other high achievers. The C ship would contain all the people who made things and did things, and the B ark would hold everyone else, such as hairdressers and telephone sanitizers. They sent the B ship off first, but of course the other two-thirds of the population stayed on the planet and lived full, rich and happy lives until they were all wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone.

1. Soruk
              Coat

I've heard some folk celebrate B-Ark day on 4th July.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
            Devil

"If you are older, disabled or vulnerable then don't let us know otherwise we'll know you're a weaker member of society and put random charges on your bills."

3. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"And still renting it from Radio Rentals?"

He could pop down to Rumbelows and buy a new super-sized 19" Colour TV with ultrasonic remote control?

4. Jim 59

Radio Rentals (est. 1930) ? Don't be so vulgar.

Renting from Rediffusion (est. 1928)

6. Gordon 11

I believe...

...you can get different regional Inside Out's via iPlayer.

Indeed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04ynp6r/inside-out-london-19012015

7. DaneB
    Mushroom

Clarkson replacement?

8. WylieCoyoteUK
    Pint

No, just the kitchen PC....

*We assume that most of our keen readers will not be using anything so basic as a stone-age telly without digital storage. We presume it'll be more along the lines of custom media servers with a fistful of tuner cards, top-end DVRs, iPlayer run on a variety of exotic platforms, that sort of thing.

A little quad core Kabini with MythTV and dual HD tuner, streams LiveTV or recordings to a RaspberryPi behind the TV, or various other devices (phones, Tablets, PC, Android TVbox, etc.)

I originally built it as a backup for my YouView box.

Now it seems to be the other way around.

Shame there is so little worth watching these days.....

This topic is closed for new posts.