back to article 3D printer bods offer New Year's resolution (geddit?)

Formlabs, the company that makes the Form 1+ 3D printer, has announced a software upgrade that improves printing speed and reduces the size of supports to increase speed, reduce the amount of resin used and thus lower 3D printing costs. New Year, New Resolution. from Formlabs on Vimeo. The speed comes from a new Draft Mode …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is this entire article an advert?

2. adnim

I would be interested

in hearing that speaker.

I can draw a car...

Need a curiosity killed the cat icon

3. Stevie

Bah!

So, no increase in resolution then? Headline "joke" sort of falls flat in that event.

And, gosh, doesn't increasing the speed of a 3D printer typically result in *loss* of horizontal resolution when compared to its slower printing capabilities? Does this software upgrade somehow mitigate this in the general case, or are we looking at a printer that was under-performing out of the box finally being brought into spec?

Need an "I started out happy this morning but by the time I made five minutes in my day to read The Register I was so thoroughly Meldrewed by events and people eventing them that I'm in no mood for a shill piece masquerading as a new science one" icon.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon